Login to forums when Login to Joomla?

16 years 3 weeks ago #57998 by Paladin_Brewer
Login to forums when Login to Joomla? was created by Paladin_Brewer
Greetings!

I currently have a test Joomla 1.0 site up and running which I installed CB Connector to. The link is:

test10.swordofthedragon.org

I created a new account in Joomla (creatively named Test12345), and it DID create an account on my phpBB3 forums (link for forums is Guild Forums on Main Menu).

My question is, I would love it if when it when someone logged onto Joomla, if it would also log onto the forums. I will also be trying to bridge Coppermine, and I dont want to make my users Log in 3 times. Or twice if I can help it :) So any way to make it so when my users log into Joomla it also logs into PHPBB3?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #58093 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Login to forums when Login to Joomla?
CB Connector already does this.

You can verify the users is logged in by checking the phpbb_sessions table.

Most cases where this appears to not be working correctly it is a cookies issue. On almost all of my phpbb test sites I have to use a blank domain name (originally found at phpbb.com) i.e if server is "testserver" use "" (without the quotes).

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 3 weeks ago #58101 by Paladin_Brewer
Replied by Paladin_Brewer on topic Re:Login to forums when Login to Joomla?
Ok....but its not doing it. I log into Test12345 via the CB Login mod, and Test12345 is not logged into the forums when I click on my Guild Forums link. If I login to both manually, the log out on the CB module seems to work, but the login does not.

Post edited by: Paladin_Brewer, at: 2008/03/03 16:50

16 years 3 weeks ago #58184 by Paladin_Brewer
Could it have anything to do with the step where you have to chose the location of the BBS, because Im not sure I did that right :/ I changed stuff until it worked heh

16 years 3 weeks ago #58258 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Login to forums when Login to Joomla?
First,

lets verify if the login is actually happening.

Please verify in the phpbb_sessions table that a session with that users forum id is logged in when logging in to the CB Login module.

My bet is that it is logging in and the cookies are not completely correct. phpbb3 needs either cookies or an sid appended to the url... which by the way if you use the CBC Wrapper as your menu link it will append the correct sid onto the url. It can be used to show the forums in a wrapper, new window, or the same window. It defaults to using CB Connector's setting but can override so copies can be used with different targets.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 3 weeks ago #58266 by Paladin_Brewer
Alright, I logged into Joomla through the CB Login module. A new session in the phpbb_sessions table does not appear from just logging into Joomla alone. Now if I click on my forum link, then yes a session will appear but I am of course a guest and not logged in. I think thats what you want, or I am not understanding :/

Post edited by: Paladin_Brewer, at: 2008/03/05 23:58

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn