cb connector with non-utf8

11 years 4 months ago #58487 by goodman123
First thank you for the great plugin and it works on my setup. I am running joomla 1.0.13 and phpbb3. After I installed cb connector, I noticed that on my cb tabs, there are 2 tabs (forum and forum profile), all the characters under these 2 tabs were messed up (they were like ????? and some other stuff). Because I am using a non-utf8 encoding for my joomla, I was wondering which file in cb connector I should change to fit my joomla encoding.
11 years 4 months ago #58576 by geeffland
When you say all of the characters are ??? Is it truly all of characters or just the characters under a particular heading?

i.e. the subscriptions area gets loaded thru ajax... so for that you would likely need to adjust settings for the xajax mambot...

For the other areas I am not really sure... post the same question over at cbconnector.com and maybe one of the foreign langauge users there can help.

Sorry... just not up much on the different character encodings.


CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin
11 years 4 months ago #58739 by goodman123
Thanks for your reply. I believe it is all the characters in my case. I will check xajax mambot, and I am sure it causes the problem.
Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn