Error 500 Internal Server Error

16 years 1 month ago #58843 by Paladin_Brewer
Error 500 Internal Server Error was created by Paladin_Brewer
Hello, its me again.

I had everything working fine before, but all of a sudden I started getting Error 500 Internal Server Error. New Users would get it on registration and on the first login only. Also, anytime one tried to access their Profile. Note, however, the registration and login would still go through. I thought perhaps some changes I made was the cause, so I started anew.

I now have a fresh Joomla 1.0.15 install. No Error 500.

Then I installed CB and the Login Module. I can view the Profile fine, no Error 500.

Then I reinstalled CB Connector, fix up all the settings:
PHPBB3
Ive tried Document Root and Joomla Root
Everything is Enabled.

And now again, if I try to go to my Profile I get an Error 500. Usually this is a permissions error, so I CHMODed everything to 777 for testing purposes, and still same error. I am able to go to the Users list (/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&Itemid=3)
just not to the Profile. Somehow the profile problem is also the same problem with the registration and initial logins im sure.

Here is more info if you need it:

PHP built On: Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Wed Sep 26 00:19:50 CEST 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
Database Version: 4.0.27-max-log
PHP Version: 4.4.8
Web Server: Apache/1.3.34 Ben-SSL/1.55
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.15 Stable [ Daytime ] 22 February 2008 23:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated. I just spent a good month on this site just for it to break, start over, and then find it is still broken :( Though as you know from my previous thread it worked before, so I don't know what the problem is now. :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #58880 by Paladin_Brewer
Replied by Paladin_Brewer on topic Re:Error 500 Internal Server Error
Well since it does not seem to matter if I use a fresh install or not, I went ahead and went back to my old install. I still get the Error 500, and to make matters worse its not logging me into the forums again. My Joomla account is synced with my phpbb account, and it shows me as being on the forum where it says who is currently on the forums, but Im not actually logged in, rather strange :/

16 years 1 month ago #58886 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Error 500 Internal Server Error
I think your last issue with being shown as logged in (you probably actually are logged in) and not appearing to be logged in is likely a cookie issue.

You other issue with the 500 error... I just noticed the other day on cbconnector.com a similar issue that only happened when viewing your own profile (w/ phpbb3) viewing other profiles was fine...

If this sounds correct PM me your e-mail and I will send you a private copy with an update to see if it solves your issue as well.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 1 month ago #58888 by Paladin_Brewer
Replied by Paladin_Brewer on topic Re:Error 500 Internal Server Error
What kind of cookie problem? Ive tried to log on through a different computer and still no go. I also had another user try to login and same problem, no login on forums. Should I uninstall CB and CB Connector and reinstall?

Also when I login and go to the Users list it does not even show my account, or several other users accounts. It just shows 3 test accounts I set up. And when I click on one of them, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/6/d89323130/htdocs/SOTDWHTest10/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnector/plugins/plug_phpbb3.php on line 1014

Anyways Im PMing you my email addy, Id like to give that a go.

Post edited by: Paladin_Brewer, at: 2008/03/13 20:21

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn