What is status with Joomla 1.5.1 and phpbb3

16 years 4 weeks ago #59522 by crow
Hi,

I am migrating my website from Joomla.1.0.14 to 1.5.1 and will also use phpbb3 board. What is status of connector does it work as is should also with this combination or nor?

THnx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #59607 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:What is status with Joomla 1.5.1 and phpbb3
Joomla 1.5.x is not currently supported. I am currently planning to release v2 final (i.e. non-beta) within the coming weeks. It is planned that after that release I will start incorporating J1.5.x compatability...

As a side note with some of the features Beat is working on for Community Builder 1.2... The post-v2 version (unnamed version as of yet) will likely work on Joomla 1.0.x and 1.5.x along with Mambo (i.e. CBC should be able to work everywhere Community Builder works... in the future)

So not yet... bet hopefully in the not too distant future...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 3 weeks ago #59781 by skeptikal
Replied by skeptikal on topic Re:What is status with Joomla 1.5.1 and phpbb3
This may or may not help you crow, but I use CB1.1, Juga, PHPBB3, AEC, & Freeway all together pretty well, almost without a glitch (unless I caused them). The only thing is, there is no support for full PHPBB3 integration at this time. If you look on Joomla.com's extensions directory I have seen some PHPBB3 connectors that make modules in Joomla to display newest & also recent user posts. But, user authentication integration, whilst still in its "beta" stages, is best achieved using the bridge "rockbridge RC3" from rocketwerx.com (I am not affiliated, I am just a customer).

I use AEC for my users to choose either a "free" or "paid"subscription as part of the registration process.
I use Juga to create additional user groups & set access permissions to content/components/modules/plugins based on those groups. AEC & Juga work nicely together (which is good info to have seeing as how if your are new to Joomla, like I "was" 4 months ago from there to here can be a wee bit frustratin...but well learned lesson) anywho...tokin a bit to much reef and ramblin here :P

Community Builder integrates nicely in the whole process and both AEC & JUGA(costs $29.99) have integrations for it that actually work...

And lastly, Freeway is an E-Commerce solution which I am trying to use instead of Virtuemart...I am having trouble getting the users between Joomla and it to sync...but I do have the "other" to fall back on and isn't all that bad if you are forced to use it...+ user integration works like a charm.

...well hope this helped if you have any more ?s feel free...I'm attached to my computer 20, no 24, no 38, no 2000...aw hell I've lost track of time again( you get the point)

15 years 11 months ago #62245 by cgwils
I'm a noobie to Joomla as a whole. Just looking at the functionality and support with version 1.0 and 1.5, I wonder why should one migrate to 1.5. It seems to me that I have to migrate my site from 1.5 to 1.0 to be able to enjoy a number of features and support not available in 1.5.

15 years 9 months ago #68215 by lateralus
Replied by lateralus on topic Re:What is status with Joomla 1.5.1 and phpbb3
Hi skeptikal,

I'm trying to install Freeway with CB but the sync of users is not fully working!

Just the fields "name, username, email & password" are synchronised ! All the info about address are not saved!

This is a hassle cz the users have to update the freeway account separatly.

Did you manage to make any improvements for a better compatibility???

Sorry, but I'm french and I don't really understand what you've managed to do....

Thanks in advance

15 years 8 months ago #71255 by WarDaddy
Replied by WarDaddy on topic Re:What is status with Joomla 1.5.1 and phpbb3
Has the connector for 1.5 and 3 made it off the to do list yet?

My users are screaming for upgrades, I want to toss in phpBB3 and upgrade the whole site to joomla 1.5, I am also looking to add the subscription add on so I can fully integrate my club membership into the site.

How is it coming?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn