Authentication issues on new install..

15 years 10 months ago #65937 by crechebaby
Authentication issues on new install.. was created by crechebaby
Because of a recent snafu with my cbconnector-integrated forum, I had to do a fresh install of phpbb3. I uninstalled the cbconnector first, installed phpbb3, and then pointed the config.php file at the appropriate database so I wouldn't be starting from scratch.

After updating the config.php file I was also sure to check the authentication method in the phpbb admin backend, and have it set to Db--since my "backup" forum was set to Joomla.

Then, a few minutes into configuring my new board, I'm bumped out and given the following error messages:

General Error - Authentication method not found.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 424: session_create(./includes/auth/auth_joomla.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 424: session_create(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_joomla.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)

I can't login through the front end or back end, nor can any of my users, although we can view all of the public forums. I'm not sure whether phpbb, CB, or cbconnector contributed to the problem, or something else altogether.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I sure could use a little enlightenment here...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65964 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Authentication issues on new install..
I am guessing from the reference to the includes/session.php that you are seeing this error in phpbb....

Not sure about the auth_joomla.php file... Is that a MOD to phpbb (i.e. from RokBridge ) ? CB Connector does not modify or run inside of phpbb so unless I am missing something I don't see CB Connector causing this issue...

My guess is that on the authentication side of phpbb3 you have something set that is not correct yet... possibly a difference in DB and config.php settings...

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

15 years 10 months ago #66059 by crechebaby
Replied by crechebaby on topic Re:Authentication issues on new install..
Right you are... I've been working on this hard enough that everything is starting to blend together (!!). The error was being caused by a leftover from a failed installation of RokBridge (which I abandoned in favor of CBConnector).

Thank you for the spot, I'd probably have head-desk'd for a while over it.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn