Install problem - 500 error/missing files

15 years 8 months ago #68480 by Anon1
I wonder if anyone can help me please. I have a new Joomla site (1.0.15) with phpBB forum (2.0.21). I have installed Community Builder 1.1 (Joomla legacy mode), xAjax from the CB Connector site and CB Connector (2.0.0 - Beta 5a) using the plug in install. All claim to have installed correctly.

However, when I click on Plug in control panel, the page loads with the headings but I get a 500 error and no data appears. Checking the error log on the server, I discovered that some errors were due to not finding the /js and /windows directories included in the zip (they had not installed for some reason), which I have remedied, but is there something obvious that I am missing please that is likely still causing the error, as all I really want to do is synchronise my forum users with my main site (currently no users due to new build) and am currently unable to do so.

Many thanks

Anon1

Post edited by: Anon1, at: 2008/07/16 10:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #68539 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Install problem - 500 error/missing files
The js and windows subdirectories are not needed by the CB Connector. Essentially they are prototype files which I apparently have not removed from the ZIP file.

Other things to think about:
1) make sure the xAjax Mambot is published
2) Not sure CB needs Joomla legacy mode in J1.0.15... I think legacy mode is a J1.5.x versus J1.0.x feature of Joomla!... So if trying in J1.5.x then CB Connector won't currently work... several issues... Now in J1.0.x CB Connector does work.

If you are getting a 500 server error... the best info is in the server error logs ( if accessible )... most cases the webhost is needed to view those logs on a shared server for security reasons.

On some hosts like Siteground, if a directory or file has TOO MUCH permission it will not execute properly... If I recall correctly 755 for directories and 744 for files ( on *nix servers )...

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

15 years 8 months ago #68596 by Anon1
Thank you for your reply. I made a mistake in the comment about Legacy mode - that is only relevant to the 1.5 installation that I was going to use until I found out there wasn't a bridge for the forum to 1.5 yet.

I had checked the server logs and it was them that directed me to the /windows and /js directories being missing (as something in one of the scripts is looking for them). It may not be the cause of the current problem, but worth highlighting (and it did change the look of the control panel when I uploaded these subdirectories).

However, problem now solved - I noticed in the CB Connector folder that there was an error log file - in there it referred to m2f which is a mail2forum addon for phpBB. I searched on this forum and found someone had the same problem and has posted a tweaked m2f_common.php file - this has now resolved my problem.

My minor remaining problem is that with CB Wrapper, when you log in to the Joomla site (using CB), it does not seem to pass the log in through to the forum(have auto login ticked on the CB Connector page).

Many thanks

Anon1

Post edited by: Anon1, at: 2008/07/17 16:39

15 years 8 months ago #68633 by geeffland
Most common cause of "appearing" to not be logged in... is cookie settings on phpbb... On almost all of my forum I have had to go in and remove the site from the cookie settings ( can't remember off the top of my head what the exact name or location of that setting is )...

As a side note, you can also verify a session by looking thru the database... phpbb_sessions table should indicate which users are "logged" in...

Thanks for reporting the js and windows errors... I have found in my local copy and will remove for the next release...

15 years 8 months ago #68744 by Anon1
Thank you - I have removed the cookie site etc but still it does not log in. On my CB User Community profile (as Admin) it says that:

This account is not currently setup for Forum Access!
Please contact the Website Administrator for further assistance.

I have synched users successfully and have auto-log in set (and all other settings enabled) - am I missing something obvious (to you, not me or I would have sorted it ... :blush:).

Many thanks

Anon1

15 years 8 months ago #68808 by geeffland
Any account which gives that message is not sync'd with the forum.

Verify that user has a Forum ID set in their profile... then make sure that is a valid ID on the forum.

From the control panel check all the tabs and make sure the admin does not show up in the interfere tab or another...

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn