Need help for these errors

17 years 4 months ago #24844 by desngkb
Need help for these errors was created by desngkb
After getting it install and show up in Admin Area, i have the following errors and questions that is fogging my head.

Admin can create group thur front access. But when i click on join or view group, it says : Error! That group does not exist! Maybe it is not active yet?

It has been approved and publish at the backend when i checked.

Next, When a registered user create group, the same thing happen when click join or view. The worst things, when user click on "your detail links" to see profile, error "This profile does not exist or is no longer available"

I am totally lost now...:sick:

Next, just to clear my doubt at the backend grouphive option, the Group approval mean Admin approved the group or Group need approval? Maybe too much Singlish from Singapore.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #24851 by DavidF
Replied by DavidF on topic Re:Need help for these errors
group approval means the admin has to approve the groups (if i am not completely wrong) - have you checked that every category you created is type 1 - maybe that is the error...

greetings
David

17 years 4 months ago #24854 by Fluffy5
Replied by Fluffy5 on topic Re:Need help for these errors
David's description of Group Approval is correct.

There seems to be something wrong with creating groups from the backend. It works on one of my sites, but not the other. So there is probably a bug in there somewhere that needs fixing. But creating groups from the frontend should work. If you see the "Create your own group" link you have obviously successfully created a category.

If the profile links don't work it seems something is wrong with your Community Builder installation, and GroupJive needs CB to work properly.

17 years 4 months ago #25011 by desngkb
Replied by desngkb on topic Re:Need help for these errors
Yes. I reinstall and so far so good. Just want to clarify the following

1. I have set approval on create category on index but when i login as register member, i still cannot create group on index but only create at catergory that admin has set.

2. Is there a way to invite ppl who is not registered?

Fluffy, Send you A PM regarding your website.

17 years 4 months ago #25025 by DavidF
Replied by DavidF on topic Re:Need help for these errors
1) i am not sure if i understood you right - are you trying to give users the permissions to create categories instead of groups? - thats not possible AFAIK

2) As people have to be registered to join a group there is no invitation for not registered available at the moment - fluffy discussed that already in another post

17 years 4 months ago #25028 by desngkb
Replied by desngkb on topic Re:Need help for these errors
I thought there is an option - Allow creating groups on category level? Did i misunderstood the option choice ? :lol:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn