Invite User broken

15 years 7 months ago #74490 by krileon
Invite User broken was created by krileon
For the life of me I can not get invite user to work. I have the system set to UddeIM and everything else works as far as sending messages, but when I try to invite a user all I get is:

"That is not a valid e-mail address"

I traced it back to groupjive.php approx. line 880

It's as if it's ignoring my settings for it to send via PM. Even the code for it to send the invite by PM for UddeIM is there, but it refuses to use the PM method.

Has anyone experienced the same or found a fix for this? I've got the entire groupjive component and even plugin fully modified for my site. (even clean install I have the same problem).

This is the last thing on my "To Do" list of getting groupjive completed for my site. I've even debugged it entirely.

It's driven my nuts. I just can't figure it out.

Oh and I'm using UddeIM 1.2

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/16 15:36

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #74497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Invite User broken
Managed to fix it, but it produces an SQL error anyway.

So going to attempt to fix that too.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 7 months ago #74504 by krileon
Ok SQL error is fixed, but now it only sends the PM to the person trying to send the invite.. This is such a headache.

Anyone else having problems with it?

Got rid of it sending only to the sender, but now it sends to no one. At least it's confirmed invitation sent. Just need it to be sent to the right person, lol.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/16 17:55

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

15 years 7 months ago #74510 by krileon
Well I'm officially stumped. I can't figure it out. I got it to send invites. Then it'd only send the invite to the person who's trying to send an invite and the link didn't even work to begin with.

So I've got no clue what's wrong with the stupid thing. It completely ignores the fact that I've enabled the PM system for invites.

So this means I get to disable the entire invite group type, wonderful.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/16 18:51

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

15 years 7 months ago #74512 by krileon
Finally it's fixed.

If you set: Do you want groupmembers to have the option of sending invites to persons not registered with your site?

To: No

in the backend. Then it borks the entire invite system. I just hid the input box on the frontend and now it all works fine. Talk about one annoying bug.

*edit*
Now the new problem. The freaken PM it sends doesn't have the dang activation link properly displayed!

*facepalm* this component while critical is rattled with bugs. Thank god I got rid of all of them, but for the invite system.

*edit*
LOL! It sent 1 PM and now doesn't work again. This is beautiful. Why bother adding this feature if it doesn't even work, remotely one bit.

*edit*
Upgraded to UddeIM 1.3 and didn't resolve anything. Has to be a bug with GroupJive. Just wish I knew how to fix the stupid thing.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/16 20:28

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

15 years 6 months ago #75787 by retha
Replied by retha on topic Re:Invite User broken
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for all your updates on this problem - I didn't have half the problems you had, but I do have the issue of PMs (with UDDeiM) not working! I checked what you suggested, and in settings the "Do you want groupmembers to have the option of sending invites to persons not registered with your site?" is set to YES.

Does this use the Joomla config's email settings if I set it to send via email? This doesn't work either!

Very frustrating as it wasted a lot of my time trying to figure out why the "invite people" is not working on "by invitation" groups! Let me just say that I have removed the option of "by invitation only" on all groups and now we only have "open to all" and "approval to join". The Invite Users doesn't do anything though!!

Have you figured it out?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds