GroupJive Development is Back in Action!

15 years 7 months ago #75155 by undoIT
Replied by undoIT on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
And, of course, make full backups :side:

Better to work on a sandbox site to test out upgrade rather than the live site to minimize downtime.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #75210 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Glad to see Groupjive is making some head way... its been months since the second team (including myself) had a wack at it and I think we went through nearly 50 builds with lots of bugs killed and some progress towards 3rd party integration.

I think that the combination of CB with Groupjive will make progress much better but am a little worried about speed. Would it be possible for you guys taking on this task to create a project at Joomlacode so we can monitor its progress? Also, would it be too much to ask that you make a public beta with CB1.2RC2 so that we can begin testing and report bugs in mass rather than you having to take your time to find them? << I say this because we as USERS/Developers may find/see things that you may not.

My next question because there have been some discussions about CB "possibly" going commercial. Will the latest release of GJ be Non-Commercial or Commercial and what liscencing will it carry?

As for 3rd Party Integration what components do you forsee being compatable in the initial release? I personally feel Fireboard is a must.

Can you also provide us with some detail as to how the component will be utilized? Meaning: 1. Will it be apart of CB1.2 and install as CB1.2 is installing.. maybe an option in the Installer or will it install as a seperate component alltogether? 2. Will it have plugins for CB as it does now? 3.What type of Templating will it have?

I am sure there are many other questions out there and I dare not ask WHEN it will be ready but I think we would like to see some sort of Roadmap, I think that gives future users some assurance of a release.

"Off of the Questioning"

1. Do you need developers?
2. Do you need Beta Testers?
3. Do you need ....? << Fill in the blank!
4. Do you need ....? << Fill in the blank!

Fact is many Joomla users will want to help you out!

Groupjive.org is currently down but this is a link to the project at Joomlacode incase anyone needs pre-existing files or is currious about the previous project: joomlacode.org/gf/project/groupjive/

Thanks,
James

Post edited by: hjames, at: 2008/09/23 00:27

15 years 7 months ago #75361 by Stiggi
Replied by Stiggi on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
WebTrooper wrote:

Yay for GJ!

But... (there's always a but, right? :whistle: ) what I'm wondering is how easy it will be to upgrade an existing and active community.

We moved GJ onto the CB framework, so we use the CB framework API instead the J! API. This means we are well prepared for the future ;)

We changed some code, but the functionality and datastructure is the same as before.

So, an upgrade should be now problem, but it is always better to test it before you do.

15 years 7 months ago #75433 by technoid
Replied by technoid on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Exciting news indeed. I've always thought that J!/CB needed some sort of mature friend grouping function and that GJ was the closest thing out there, as I have followed it since close to its beginnings. Practically every social network base on the internet has this sort of feature. So now hopefully, CB becomes even better with GJ. Good luck and we'll all be waiting (and helping) for the first CB/GJ beta's, etc.

~Rob

15 years 6 months ago #75626 by asteroidy
Replied by asteroidy on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Good move, Community Builder team. I wanted to use GroupJive on my website but held off because the development stopped.

15 years 6 months ago #75888 by Masochist
Replied by Masochist on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Does anyone know when the first beta is going to be published?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn