Recieving blank pages after installation

18 years 4 months ago #2192 by djcronos
Hi all,

I'm having some problems with a clean install of Joomla 1.0.4 and CB 1.0 RC2. I followed the documentation in the CB1.0RC2-INST1.0.doc file and was able to install the three modules and one component (although I had to manually install them, it wouldn't accept the 4 separate zip files if I used the upload form). Now, whjen I try to add the CB Profile in the User Menu, I select Menu --> User Menu, then when I click on the New button in the top right corner of my screen, I get a blank page.

What is even more odd is that when I click on either the Login button, the Forgot Your Password link, or the Create a New One link, it goes to a blank page.

The only thing I can think of is that Magic Quotes GPC is turned off, and when I did the installation of Joomla, it recommended them to be on. I tried to turn them on using an .htaccess file, but it wouldn't change.

You can see what I mean if you go to dev.djunderground.com and click on the links in the CB login module.

I've created a phpinfo page at dev.djunderground.com/phpinfo.php if that might help. Let me know if I can provide any other information that might help solve this problem I am having.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2228 by djcronos
Replied by djcronos on topic Re:Recieving blank pages after installation
*bump* - Anyone have any insight? I know I'm doing something wrong (obviously), but the question is where. Will showing you a phpinfo(); output help? Could this have to do with the Magic Quotes GPC being disabled?

18 years 1 month ago #6774 by rhickers
Replied by rhickers on topic Re:Recieving blank pages after installation
I seem to be having the same issue. I see your site is still using CB; were you able to resolve it?

btw, the site I eventually need to replace is hosted by an ISP which has gone over to the Dark Side, so I'm trying this on WinXP/IIS/PHP 5.0.4/MySQL 4.1.16 on a VMWare instance on my linux machine. I chose the PHP and MySQL versions to match the ISP; the only difference is that my instance has magic_quotes_gpc = On; the ISP has it Off.

If I can't use CB, I won't be able to use Joomla to replace the site.

18 years 1 month ago #6809 by rhickers
Replied by rhickers on topic Re:Recieving blank pages after installation
At the end of admin.comprofiler.html.php is:
<?

}

?>

I changed it to:
<?php

}

?>
and the problem went away.

Then I changed it back and edited php.ini to set:
short_open_tag = On
to match the setting of my ISP.

Now it works.

18 years 1 month ago #8176 by moonbeaver
Replied by moonbeaver on topic Re:Recieving blank pages after installation
Thanks so much for that hack - I had the same problem, and it fixed it straight away!

18 years 1 month ago #8294 by nenad
I still have that problem even if I use that hack.
Although problem is not with all pages but only for:

- CB Login RC2: - register
- CB User list:--> then when I click on some user
- CB Details
- CB Online: When I click on some user

I am using:
PHP Version 5.0.4
MySQL 4.1.11
Joomla1.0.8
Fedora Core 4
at
www.web-hosting-solutions.biz