Recieving blank pages after installation

18 years 2 days ago #9024 by Anansi
Replied by Anansi on topic Re:Recieving blank pages after installation
Same problem here: www.pedagogcafe.net And the site has to be working monday morning!

Tried the hack, doesn´t work. Perhaps the problems started only after installing more components. I´ve also noted that I have lost ownership of some of the files (images for example) installed by CB, they can´t be modified even by SSH.

A debug report from when I click CB details says: CB Login RC2
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 58368 bytes) in /home/pedagogcafe/public_html/pedagogcafe.net/modules/mod_cbloginrc2.php on line 80

Anyone found out something more about this?

Ulf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 days ago #9055 by Anansi
Could it be an php issue? CB is OK on my php 4 site, but doesn´t work on the php 5 site.

18 years 1 day ago #9086 by beat
- CB is developed on php5 and php4 systems. no worries there.

- Some components use memory... 8 Megs limit is a little bit short for a big site, 16 or 32 megs limit is better. ask your provider to increase that php limit setting.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 1 day ago #9089 by Anansi
Thanks, narrows down the search for the culprit. And I´ll speak to the service provider. CB is really necessary for me (and it´s doing a great job on one of my sites) so I have to get it working...

18 years 1 day ago #9092 by nenad
I think it max mem issue.

After I increased max mem from 8MB to 32 MB there's no more blank pages

at least on fedora core 4

17 years 11 months ago #9579 by djcronos
Replied by djcronos on topic Re:Recieving blank pages after installation
Yes I can verify that it is indeed a PHP memory problem. If you up your memory limit to 32 then the problem goes away.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn