CB,Yanc, Registration, autocheck

18 years 2 months ago #4189 by gr8edchz
CB,Yanc, Registration, autocheck was created by gr8edchz
I would like to know if when using CB + Yanc (which is very nice btw) I can have the newsletter signup checkbox that shows on the registration page default to automatically checked instead of it's current default of unchecked.

Has anyone accomplished this or know at least if it's coming in the next release as a feature perhaps?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #4225 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB,Yanc, Registration, autocheck
It's OFF by default...because I hate people saying YES for me and me having to say NO when I register somewhere... I hate people trying to fool me by hoping I forget to click NO to not be spammed. :woohoo:

< / rant >

Marketing gurus will tell you 3 things (at least...):
- don't ask just spam'em aka inform them :ohmy:
- say yes for them, so they don't need to think :pinch:
- don't make your customer think and say "NO"... :sick:

As you see these are contradictory. :D

In addition, some countries laws require opt-in and do not allow opt-outs.

These are the reasons the default is not checked...and i'm not planing to make it configurable in my free time for fun :D

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 1 month ago #6600 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:CB,Yanc, Registration, autocheck
True that spam is bad and opt-in/opt-out email lists are the law ... but consider this very real scenario:

Many of us are not creating new communities from scratch, but migrating existing communities into Mambo/Joomla.

I need to import a list of over 4000 PAID users, all of whom are already subscribed to a "members-only" mailing list. These people should not have to be re-confirming their already confirmed subscriptions. As a developer, I should be able to move them from one brand of list software to another seamlessley and behind the scenes. Right?

Additionally, the ONLY people who will be receiving this email are those who have paid for membership and this email is a core feature of their membership. In this case, I do not feel they should be forced to go through multiple registration or confirmation or subscription processes.

I would like a user to be instantly added to YANC upon set up, so that all features offered are available to them with no effort.

18 years 1 month ago #6647 by speleo
Replied by speleo on topic Re:CB,Yanc, Registration, autocheck
I'd also like to do this as I'm in a similar (but smaller) situation. If you manage to work it out please could you post it here. Thanks

18 years 1 month ago #6788 by Aly

17 years 6 months ago #21497 by rswennen
Replied by rswennen on topic Re:CB,Yanc, Registration, autocheck
This page seems to be down :-(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn