RC2 compatible with mambelfish

18 years 4 months ago #524 by mambo dancer
RC2 compatible with mambelfish was created by mambo dancer
Exciting, finally we will be able to put our hands on RC2!

Anybody knows if RC2 is compatible with the multilanguage component mambelfish?

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #526 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:RC2 compatible with mambelfish
mambo dancer wrote:

Exciting, finally we will be able to put our hands on RC2!

Anybody knows if RC2 is compatible with the multilanguage component mambelfish?

regards

We have bad news and good news ..

The bad news:
Its not compatible in the sense that you cannot translate via the mamblefish backend - this is because the way mamblefish worked (upto now at least) depends on a default key name of 'id' for each component table to be translated. This problem exists with many existing components. The mamblefish developer is aware of this (I and many others have issued MR against this) and has mentioned that he is working on a solution.

That was the bad news.

The good news:
All CB 1.0 RC2 fields are language friendly. This means that all fixed field values (example radio field values, drop down field values, field descriptions, field help values, etc) can accept _UE_ language plugin string values. So if for example you have a Yes/No check box field, you can define _UE_YES and _UE_NO strings in your language file and mamblefish will take care of the translation. You can see this in action on my reference site www.karpathiantree.com (see the registration screen).

18 years 4 months ago #528 by mambo dancer
Replied by mambo dancer on topic Re:RC2 compatible with mambelfish
Yes, I know that. I've been working with these translation strings, and it works well! Just want to make sure that installing mambelfish will not generate a ton of errors. But I'll see tonight when we finallly can get our hands on this version ( oeh ;) ;) )

18 years 3 months ago #2318 by bogus
Replied by bogus on topic Re:RC2 compatible with mambelfish
However, it doesn't work with the welcome-email-text fields. I tried it there, but no success. Any tips or tricks on how to do that?

18 years 3 months ago #2576 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:RC2 compatible with mambelfish
in Joomla 1.0, there is no user-specific language memorized (comes in 1.1).

Therefore at welcome email time (after approval), the user language is lost.

Only way is to have multiple languages in the same email for now.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #9764 by MadPax
Replied by MadPax on topic Re:RC2 compatible with mambelfish
Does that mean that any e-mails going back end forth in the registration workflows are not capable to be done in a similar way as to what nant suggested in the beginning of this thread?

I think it's just a question of checking what is the active language in joomfish and that's it! (if I remember well there's a joomfish class function called getactivelanguage or something similar).

Simplest way could be to include joomfish scripts via require once or something similar, do the check and choose the correct content extracted from the language files.

Ok now the answering of the activation mails is a bit more tricky. But that could be resolved too by adding an iso language string extracted from the activation mails (of course this "cookie" should be inserted in the previous step.

What think you guys?
Pax

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn