Bad paths and fatal errors

18 years 1 month ago #7674 by BulletProofPoet
Bad paths and fatal errors was created by BulletProofPoet
Hi Folks

I've just installed CB 1.0 RC2 on my laptop (running Suse10), and had the path problems discussed in this thread . The proposed solution appears to have fixed the problem, allowing me to get to the CB Configuration Manager.

However, if I go to Community Builder > User Management, I still get the following errors...

Warning: showusers(includes/pageNavigation.php) [function.showusers]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/data/www/sites/joomlatest/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php on line 970

Fatal error: showusers() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/pageNavigation.php' (include_path='/usr/share/php') in /mnt/data/www/sites/joomlatest/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php on line 970

I think that I can fix this myself using a similar technique to the one documented in the thread above, but it does suggest that there's something wrong with either my installation of the components (vanilla installs of everything) or with CB's path management.

Please don't think that I'm criticising the programmer's hard work - I'm a programmer myself, and fully appreciate their efforts in getting this fantastic looking product this far. I just mention the issue in the hope that they'll be able to include a fix for this issue in the upcoming 1.0 stable release. It was mentioned in the above thread that Beat was going to include those fixes in the 1.0 code base.

Many, many thanks for this product.

Rich

EDIT:
I've noticed similar symptoms when I click on the Tab Management, Field Management and List Management menu items.

All seem to be resolvable by editing the functions in the admin.comprofiler.php script and specifying an absolute path to pageNavigation.php (e.g. $mainframe->getCfg('absolute_path') . "/administrator/includes/pageNavigation.php").

I'm guessing that, as the default path is a relative one, if PHP can't find the file relative to the active directory, it tries from PHP's include_path system variable.

Please could these paths be updated in the 1.0 stable release to prevent the need for hacking the script by hand? Many thanks for reading this post and thanks again for all your work.

Rich

Post edited by: BulletProofPoet, at: 2006/03/05 20:47

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn