How to start?

18 years 1 week ago #8254 by TSD
How to start? was created by TSD
I tried to upload it with the component installer and it keeps failing. how do I upload? there are 4 folders. I also tried to upload the zip file and no deal.???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 week ago #8260 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:How to start?
This might be a stupid question but did you just try and upload and install "comprofiler".

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 1 week ago #8269 by TSD
Replied by TSD on topic Re:How to start?
Not stupid, I did not read the install doc - just found it and got it all figured out, thanks. Now Im trying to figure out how to chage the look of it. Titles and such.???

18 years 1 week ago #8272 by andyahoo
Tab names can be changed in he tab management menu. I was told once that you could just change the name there but Nant posted somewhere that this could mess things up. Leaving out the UE_ part of the name is what he was talking about. I'll have to search for the post. Can't remember what he said.

There are some built in templates you can check out. Go to CB config under the user profile tab.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 1 week ago #8273 by TSD
Replied by TSD on topic Re:How to start?
OK, but I'm also trying to change the look of the main portions of the site. The header and stuff. So I can change the name from joomla to my name etc...

18 years 1 week ago #8274 by andyahoo
You might want to head on over to the joomla forums. www.joomla.org check out the extenstions site also. Very cool.

To change the name go to Joomla Global config. There is a field in the "site" tab that you can edit for your own name.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn