error messages in config area after installation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #9894 by rw1
well yes the problem is still persisting as my host cant enable exec () - is there any way around this? Please do help :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #9963 by nelang
Hi Nick...may you explain this problem?
please don't keep silent.... (sorry, my english language is bad:D

18 years 2 weeks ago #9965 by nant
I will forward this thread to Beat.
Dont know if he can suggest code changes.
In other cases basically people ask their provider to move their account/site to a shared host that allows these functions.

18 years 1 week ago #9972 by beat
rw1 wrote:

i asked my host to enable exec () and they replied:

"I am extremely sorry to say that exec() function is disabled on the shared server in which your account is hosted.

This is done in view of security on the shared server".

So can anything be done? Will this problem cause problems with the functionality of my site?

No worries to have.

This is happening in configuration screen only, and does not affect your site or CB functionality.

It is used to auto-detect which image libraries (used to build avatar thumbs) are presently installed on your hosting server, in order to propose them in the configuration. As ImageMagic and NetPBM are independant programs, CB tries to invoke it.

I'll see if there is a way to not display those warnings for 1.0 stable, but no promises.

Anyway, on a production server, you should disable warnings display (either do it in global configuration if hoster allows, or ask hoster).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 1 week ago #10006 by nelang
After I read your response, I become to understand its problem.

thank you :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn