Using CB for Clan Site!

16 years 8 months ago #42374 by dannykilla
Using CB for Clan Site! was created by dannykilla
Hi,

I want to be able to use CB for my clan member profiles, but I have hit a brick wall :(

I am currently using Fireboard as my forum of choice and I have a few members on there (about 5). Now I have installed CB and when I click on CB's user management I see all the members on my forumas well as my clan members.
Also I have created a link-component for my main menu called Clan Roster but when I click on the link to the roster it says I must register or login to view the page, so when I do all I see is my profile and none of my clan members?

All I want is to allow people to register to my web site but not have a profile on CB (clan Roster) and also when one of my clan members logs in front end they can edit there profile on CB (Clan Roster).

can anyone help me please

thanks
Danny

Post edited by: dannykilla, at: 2007/08/12 16:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43079 by eveningside
Replied by eveningside on topic Re:Using CB for Clan Site!
Every person on the planet has African roots, you included!

16 years 7 months ago #43238 by firepol
Replied by firepol on topic Re:Using CB for Clan Site!
about the link in the menu i haven't understood where you want it to point... also if the link has permission "registered" only registered (and logged in) users could click it... if you want everybody to be able to click it, just change permissions to "public"

you should read the installation instructions of CB, which explain also how to create a link so an user can edit his profile.

See inside the community builder zip (cb_1_1_0-unzip1st.zip) the README.txt and follow these instructions.

Post edited by: firepol, at: 2007/08/17 16:09

16 years 7 months ago #45199 by dannykilla
Replied by dannykilla on topic Re:Using CB for Clan Site!
sorry you have misunderstood me, I will try to be a bit more clearer!

I have added a main menu item called "- : MAD : - Roster" and in here I want to have all my clan members so users who visit the site can see there details.
Now when I click on the - : MAD : - Roster item it only shows my profile, I don't see any of my clan members, so I would like to know how do I add certain members from my site to the list in MAD roster?
Is there anyway I can add individual users so that, only my clan members are in there and also so that if a new user registers he/she doesnt get added to the list?

thanks
Danny

16 years 7 months ago #45405 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Using CB for Clan Site!
Read carefully README.txt which is in the package, get the Installation manual (free pdf file) or get Nick's excellent documentation.

All 3 describe how to do such a users lists menu item.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #45920 by dannykilla
Replied by dannykilla on topic Re:Using CB for Clan Site!
Hate to be a pain but I have read the README.txt and it still isn't working for me?

When I click on the - : MAD : - roster menu item (not logged in) the pages loads and then says this on there "Please login or Register to view or modify your profile." even though I have allowed access to "everyone"?

When looged in and I click on the - : MAD : - Roster menu item all I see is my profile and not the rest of my clans?

Now in the back end side in "user management" I have all my clan members and some people that have registered to the forums, which is fine but when this works (hopefully) will this mean that the none clan members users will be added the - : MAD : - roster too?

Please can some help me

thanks
Danny

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn