Protect profile content??

16 years 8 months ago #42956 by finngu
Protect profile content?? was created by finngu
I need to be able to create some tabs and fields inside these tabs that are ONLY viewable in front end by the member himself and the super adminstrators.

Some of the fields should only be "editable" by the superadministrators and these fields also ONLY viewable for the member....

Is this possible?

I tryed to purchase the extra components called
Advanced Profile Control for CB (by
) but that system is having HUGE problems running on my website. It seems to have some kind of "phone home to check license" built in and that thing keeps forgetting my license number and then it sopts working. So we are close to giving up THAT way of doing it.

I know how to create new tabs and fields inside these tabs, but I need to be able to make sure only the member AND superadmin can access these tabs and the fields inside them.

Can this be done - and og so... how???

Thanks for at GREAT system!! CB is really some of the best I have seen - if only I knew how to make sure SOME of the content could be complete hidden for other registerede and none-registerede members, so we can have PRIVATE tabs with PRIVATE fields inside them....

Hope somebody has a solution?

Thanks

Finn

[mod edit: removed link to non-existent product]

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/04/28 10:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43267 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Protect profile content??
Not possible in CB 1.1 out of the box.

We are working on new concepts allowing this and more for CB 2.0.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96906 by vipzeus
Replied by vipzeus on topic Re:Protect profile content??
I need exsacly the same to do on my site. I want to have private tabs and fields inside these tabs that are ONLY viewable in front end by the member himself and the super adminstrators.
this function is very important for my ecommerce site

14 years 11 months ago #96913 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Protect profile content??
vipzeus wrote:

I need exsacly the same to do on my site. I want to have private tabs and fields inside these tabs that are ONLY viewable in front end by the member himself and the super adminstrators.
this function is very important for my ecommerce site

Privacy plugin?

14 years 11 months ago #97770 by vipzeus
Replied by vipzeus on topic Re:Protect profile content??
i dont know if can be plugin or other, just i'm looking to have private tabs on user profile.
s it easy to done?
thanks for responce:)

14 years 11 months ago #97795 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Protect profile content??
Nick already gave you the solution... see above.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn