Problem with profile page viewing

16 years 8 months ago #43749 by densyo
Problem with profile page viewing was created by densyo
I just have a problem with my CB 1.1 installation and I hope you could help me. I don't know if this is a CB issue so I hope you could shed me some light on this problem.

I have a Joomla 1.0.13, CB 1.1 and the Yootheme Smoove - Lounge theme installation.

Whenever I view my personal profile, no modules can be seen and the whole width of the web page is occupied by the profile page, but whenever I click on a picture of a friend / connection in my connections list, all modules only viewed in the home page appear and reduces the space for the profile page. I wanted to use the whole width and length of the page (w/o the modules) for customization purposes, but to no avail after adjusting everything I know that could help, it still appears the same way.

I have noticed something in the URL of the profile pages. In the profile page that does not show the modules, here is the URL that shows:

dabarkads.org/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,62/

In the profile page that shows all the Home page modules, here is the URL:

dabarkads.org/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,62/Itemid,1/

If you would notice, the words "Itemid,1/" is added at the end of the URL whenever I click on the picture of a friend / connection in the connection list, and I think this is the one causing the problem. I just dont know how to edit that.

Is there a solution to this? hope you could help me on this. If you need more explanation about the problem, I would gladly provide you with more.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43762 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Problem with profile page viewing
try the following:

#1 - try with the joomla template
#2 - try with SEF off

16 years 8 months ago #43908 by densyo
Replied by densyo on topic Re:Problem with profile page viewing
thanks for replying nant!

tried both your suggestions but the same problem occurs. still home page modules appear whenever I click the pic of a connection in the connection list.

Hope there's a solution to this.

Thanks in advance!

16 years 8 months ago #43919 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Problem with profile page viewing
Beat's reply:

his menu item for CB is not defined and published with the correct access level corresponding to the views of lists

16 years 7 months ago #44156 by densyo
Replied by densyo on topic Re:Problem with profile page viewing
That solved my problem! Thanks Beat and Nant! You guys have the best support ever, Thanks again!

16 years 7 months ago #44536 by rugbyguide
Replied by rugbyguide on topic Re:Problem with profile page viewing
Hi I am having the same issue but,I don't understand the solution. Could you elaborate in more detail so my thick skull understands?:laugh:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn