problems with 404sef and mod_s4juseronline

16 years 7 months ago #45235 by dpk
With 404SEF and Community Builder 1.1 installed, I have run into an occasional problem with invalid SEF links from a CB "who's online" module that lists all logged in users, links to their profiles, shows avatars, etc. This is mod_s4juseronline.

I expect the same problem will affect mod_liveuserspro, which I have disabled after finding it shows redundant user logins caused by session doubling. mod_s4juseronline screens out redundant sessions and is much nicer than the basic mod_comprofileronline.

Anyway, it is mod_s4juseronline that is failing at times. The links it generates to user profiles via 404SEF take this form: .../your-account-profile/userprofile-50.html

Sometimes the links will result in a "you are not authorized" page.

It looks like the number following "userprofile-" in the URL is dynamic and variable. The number is not always the same for each user at all times. If it varies based on the changing number of logged in users at any given time, perhaps the problem is trying to follow a link that has suddenly changed as users come and go. ???

Unfortunately I cannot simply disable 404SEF for this module only because 404SEF only allows you to exempt components.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn