Can Community Builder do this?

16 years 6 months ago #46537 by numbscot
Can Community Builder do this? was created by numbscot
Hi,

I have been trying to work out exactly what Community Builder can and can't do, after ready what seems like hundreds of websites and forums I thought it might be easier just asking :)

I am creating a community website for my family. Each member of the family has there own Section, with multiple Categories (News, gallery, contact etc etc). These Categories will be setup by me.

I am looking for a way to allow each family member to create/edit/publish there own content in there own area's from the front of the website. However I do not want them to have any control over the other area's. Ideally when they are creating content it will show a list of their own Categories so they can choose where to post the new content to.

I would need any content that is posted by the family to look like it was part of the main site, not a small site within a site. What I mean by this I would like people to find the content by navigating through the normal Joomla menu system rather than needing to go to the uses profile page first.

So back to my question, Can Community Builder do this? :)

Cheers in advance,
Eoin

Post edited by: numbscot, at: 2007/09/24 15:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46542 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Can Community Builder do this?
It's possible for you to use CB, joomla and various plugins and modules to achieve this. Your users can have "their" own items like you suggest. I'd search the extensions.joomla.org site and look around here...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn