Make Email form public - how?

16 years 5 months ago #49539 by moontear
Make Email form public - how? was created by moontear
Hello everybody,

I have seen this post about the same topic: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,2130/catid,8/limit,6/limitstart,18/

My problem is still not solved though. I work a lot with user lists on my page. There I right now have the "Send EMail" link behind every username.

This is a very useful feature and actually prevents spambots from collecting addresses! The problem is that only registered users can use this e-mail form (User Profile>Allow Access is set to Everybody). The only way I can let everybody send e-mails to my users is via publishing their e-mail addresses and that is really against all rules.

How do I enable the Email form for EVERYBODY without having the users to click through the profile of the person to be contacted (I don't want the profile to be publically available, just the e-mail form!!!).

Hope somebody can help me out.

moon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #52847 by MikeLewis
Replied by MikeLewis on topic Re:Make Email form public - how?
I could really use the answer too!

I would like for guests to be able to email members with an email form too. Some members don't want to make their email addresses public.

Post edited by: MikeLewis, at: 2007/12/21 04:03

15 years 7 months ago #74121 by pikilon
Replied by pikilon on topic Re:Make Email form public - how?
I needed too.

Is very useful

thanks

14 years 11 months ago #97359 by takara
Replied by takara on topic Re:Make Email form public - how?
ditto..

1) would like to keep my user profiles private while allowing the users to click the email a user in the public area.

2) I'd like to disable the profile links on the lists in the public end while leaving them active in the registered end... it seems their either on or off.

1'st one's most important though

14 years 11 months ago #97468 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Make Email form public - how?
Try enabling on profile but place in a tab with the position "Not on Profile"

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 9 months ago #104075 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re:Make Email form public - how?
Can't figure out WHY this is not in the CB core. Email form NEEDS to be available to the public, should we want it to be.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn