No Auto-Sync: Someone please respond

15 years 8 months ago #70254 by darcyv
No Auto-Sync: Someone please respond was created by darcyv
I'm wondering why this seems to be a common question in the forum but no answer (or I'm just blind). I see quite a few people asking about this with little to no response.

"When a new member signs up on my site for some reason CB is not automatically Synchronize the Users and I have to go to tools and click Synchronize Users
for them to become registers on the site."

The only real response I've seen to this is where Nick replied to this exact question and said, "only thing i can think of is that you did not follow instructions and are still using joomla login process."

Are you saying it is supposed to automatically sync? If so, there seems to be good number of people having this exact problem. Would someone be willing to give some instruction or help to solve this? Pleeeeaase!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #70274 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:No Auto-Sync: Someone please respond
darcyv wrote:

I'm wondering why this seems to be a common question in the forum but no answer (or I'm just blind). I see quite a few people asking about this with little to no response.

"When a new member signs up on my site for some reason CB is not automatically Synchronize the Users and I have to go to tools and click Synchronize Users
for them to become registers on the site."

The only real response I've seen to this is where Nick replied to this exact question and said, "only thing i can think of is that you did not follow instructions and are still using joomla login process."

Are you saying it is supposed to automatically sync? If so, there seems to be good number of people having this exact problem. Would someone be willing to give some instruction or help to solve this? Pleeeeaase!!!

Yes, CB registration process will automatically sync.

15 years 8 months ago #70284 by darcyv
Replied by darcyv on topic Re:No Auto-Sync: Someone please respond
Thanks so much for responding :)

Any clue as to why ours is not auto-syncing? I have amember integrated with Joomla. When a user signs up via amember I can see their registration in the User Management view of CB.. but I'm having to manually go in and use the sync tool to get people approved so they can login.

15 years 8 months ago #70292 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:No Auto-Sync: Someone please respond
darcyv wrote:

Thanks so much for responding :)

Any clue as to why ours is not auto-syncing? I have amember integrated with Joomla. When a user signs up via amember I can see their registration in the User Management view of CB.. but I'm having to manually go in and use the sync tool to get people approved so they can login.

amember?

sorry, I am not aware how this works and what it does.

If CB works ok with Joomla without this amember then there is no CB problem.

15 years 8 months ago #70381 by Delsea
Replied by Delsea on topic Re:No Auto-Sync: Someone please respond
I also got this problem.

The main problem i have is that i also use Virtue Mart for my shop. I am using the cb login as main login, but also the vm login when people are shopping and this is where my problem is arising cause cb isn't synchronizing so people can't login after they have subscribed which is costing me a lot of money in the end.

can you please help me solve this problem so my shop can help my customers better and i'm increasing in my income from online sales.

thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards
Vanessa

I wish I was a programmer.... :)

15 years 8 months ago #71409 by wackedmarketer
Replied by wackedmarketer on topic Re:No Auto-Sync: Someone please respond
Hi there,

I have the exact some problem - the client doesn't want full registration for users, so I have a silent registration in virtuemart and many users aren't affected by the automatic synchronization. If someone can tell me whether there's a file I can curl via cronjob then I could easily solve this problem and help the previous poster do the same ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn