Block Core joomla login and registration??

15 years 5 months ago #78818 by frozenflames
Block Core joomla login and registration?? was created by frozenflames
Hi, is there a way i can block and disable the core joomla registration and login to be redirected and handled by community builder.

I am using joomla 1.5.7, i tried this plugin ADJR - Disable Joomla Registration but it dosent work. It used to work with joomla 1.5.6, so is there any other way to do this, please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #78962 by ern1001
Replied by ern1001 on topic Re:Block Core joomla login and registration??
Hi,
This worked for me:
1) In the module manager, make sure that the joomla login (mod_login) is disabled, and the CB login (mod_cblogin) is enabled.

2)In the Site Global Config, System setting, set "Allow User Registration" to "No". "New User Account Activation" to "No".

3) Do NOT disable the Authentication-Joomla, or User-Joomla plugins in the plugin Manager!

4)In the CB configuration,Registration Tab set registration to "yes, independently of global site setting".

5) Finally, the code hack described in the link below modifies the joomla default login to redirect back to the homepage, so the CB login must be used. here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,58/id,78886/#78886

FYI - this worked with Joomla 1.57 (legacy mode) and CB1.2RC3

Post edited by: ern1001, at: 2008/11/04 17:52

15 years 5 months ago #79052 by ern1001
Good news - a new version of the ADJR Disable Joomla Registration plugin has been released. It now redirects core Joomla Registrations and Logins.

See the post here for details:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,58/id,79028/#79028

It works great on my Joomla 1.57 (legacy mode) and CB1.2RC3 site . I'd recommend this plugin to anybody who is using Community Builder & Joomla 1.5x .

15 years 5 months ago #79193 by frozenflames
Replied by frozenflames on topic Re:Block Core joomla login and registration??
Hi, problem solved. Thanks!

15 years 5 months ago #79873 by camills
Replied by camills on topic Re:Block Core joomla login and registration??
I am having a nightmare with the disable core registration plugin. Trying to avoid having two logins, I now have none...Using the latest version I get a 403 error (not on the backend) and having (stupidly) tried the earlier version as I am running 1.5.8 legacy, I now get a 'direct access is not permitted' message on front and back ends! Using CB 1.1... Any ideas on how to fix this?

15 years 4 months ago #80968 by ern1001
Hi Camills,
Sorry for the delay, I haven't checked this board for awhile. It sounds like you installed 2 versions of the plugin. If all else fails, and you can't access the administrator back end - you can use your webhost file manager to delete the plugin files for the wrong version in the plugins/system folder. Depending on your webhost, you will have a Cpanel that includes a file manager, or you can do it from FTP.

Post edited by: ern1001, at: 2008/11/30 14:28

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn