Register page - not authorized issues

15 years 3 months ago #84577 by spawnbay
Register page - not authorized issues was created by spawnbay
Hi all,

Ive been searching these forums but cannot find a solution so guess ill ask. I am kind of new to joomla but very experienced with html and site design.

My problem is that when i click on the "register" link in the log in box i get the error
"You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login."
When loged in it says...
"You are not authorized to view this resource"

When i turn the default joomla log in module back on i get my registration page but users cannot log in after creating an account.

I have uninstalled the cb components and reinstalled and still the same. Any help is appreciated!

globalpriority.org/main/ - if you would like to try it and see what i mean.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85809 by DCCharlotte
Replied by DCCharlotte on topic Re:Register page - not authorized issues
I agree. I have installed CB on another website and got my custom registration form to work correctly but I am experiencing the same problem too. I cannot seem to find a way to get my registration to appear instead of the default joomla registration page.

What do we need to do?

15 years 2 months ago #86459 by Partic
Replied by Partic on topic Re:Register page - not authorized issues
spawnbay wrote:

My problem is that when i click on the "register" link in the log in box i get the error
"You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login."
When loged in it says...
"You are not authorized to view this resource"

After updating CB for the first time in a while today on a site, I was getting the above for two links:
- logging in with cb_login module
- creating a new account with cb_login module link.

As many other threads indicated, the main login module worked and logged into the site, but the cb module's links would always show "You are not authorized...".

So after reading various posts that didn't give a comprehensive solution, I had a sudden spark of recollection and looked at my site's menu structure where I found, the cause.

It's in the installation instructions, but if it's skipped, it can cause the Not Authorized error. Not saying this is the fix for every site, but as it is a solution that worked for me, thought I'd share it.

New installions:
- Create a link to the Community Builder Component, and make it public, calling it "Your details" or similar.
- You can put it onto the User Menu, and make the User Menu module only accessible to registered users.
- Refreshing home page, you should now be able to login or register, as the menu item can now be used by CB.

Upgraded CB installs:
- Follow the usual upgrade steps to uninstall and reinstall CB.
- Go to your user menu (or where the link is)
- Where you previously had a "Your details" menu item, you'll see now that instead of "Component - Community Builder" you now have "Component -" and CB is detached.
- If you had assigned special modules to appear on that menu item's page you'll need to reassign them. Note these before the next step so you can reassign them.
- Delete that menu item (or in J1.5, you can change the menu item type to fix it)
- Create the new menu item for Component > Community Builder, making it public, but most likely on the registered user menu, so it's not seen until the user is logged in.

The menu item itself needs to be public so that the registration page does not bring up the "not authorized" error for new users.

The site today was in Mambo 4.6.5, but I'll certainly remember it for future Joomla 1.0.15 and Joomla 1.5.8 updates, as I know this was how I fixed the last CB upgrade 18 months ago.

Hopefully this helps many others to solve the problem that seems to have lots of instances but few specific answers until now.

Patrick

Patrick Jackson
www.kpsystems.com.au
Joomla Developer: Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne Joomla User Group: www.joomladay.org.au/melbourne-user-group

15 years 1 month ago #90217 by pasx2578
Replied by pasx2578 on topic Re:Register page - not authorized issues
Hi All,
I found the same issue and my own solution was even simpler.
I simply had forgotten to install the upgraded version of the CB logging plugin after upgrading to CB 1.2. :blush:
It seems that the old version will somehow work but with unexpected behavior.
I manually uninstalled the old version in joomla's module installation tab then installed - and enabled - the new one and everything is now fine.
Hope this helps.
Pasx

Post edited by: pasx2578, at: 2009/03/01 16:23

Post edited by: pasx2578, at: 2009/03/01 16:24

15 years 3 weeks ago #92930 by Ice Breaker
Replied by Ice Breaker on topic Re:Register page - not authorized issues
I have being having the same problem but I managed to fix it.
I know in the install document it says turn off registration in the joomla global configurations but since this happened I have being getting this problem.
So i turned it back on and it works fine without no error message saying

"you are not authorized to view this sauce"

Works well now hope it works for you :)

15 years 3 weeks ago #92942 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Register page - not authorized issues
Ice Breaker wrote:

I have being having the same problem but I managed to fix it.
I know in the install document it says turn off registration in the joomla global configurations but since this happened I have being getting this problem.
So i turned it back on and it works fine without no error message saying

"you are not authorized to view this sauce"

Works well now hope it works for you :)

CB will NOT work properly with the Joomla Login enabled. You will need to read the readme.txt or documentation to disable Joomla and enable CB Login (3 steps) properly. If you're still having issues, because of an issue in Joomla (discussed at length in the Joomla forums) go to the Joomla Extensions directory for an extension that overrides the problem in Joomla and forces CB Login.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.962 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn