Another 'session expired' registration error

16 years 5 months ago #47869 by mikeprince
I have searched the forums but not found anything quite related to the problem I have.

I have one user who is unable to register on my site (Joomla 1.0.13 and CB 1.1). When they submit the registration form they get the error 'Session expired and/ or cookies are not enabled in your browser'. Other users are able to register fine with various browsers.

The user in question has used the BT Internet Browser (which I think is IE based) and IE7 with the same result.

I added some debug code to comprofiler.class.php and have determined that the problem is occuring in cbRegAntiSpamCheck, meaning that there is a problem with the cbrasitway cookie. I will get them to check the value of this cookie, but in the meantime have you any idea why this error is occuring?

Cheers
-- Mike --

Cheers
-- Mike --

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #47870 by mikeprince
Replied by mikeprince on topic Re:Another 'session expired' registration error
mikeprince wrote:

there is a problem with the cbrasitway cookie

I won't paste the exact cookie value here but I can't see any problems with it: it's a string in the same format as for a registration that does work fine, i.e. a string of the form:
cbrv1_part1_part2 where part1 is a 32 digit hex string and part 2 is a 16 character alphanumeric string.

Cheers
-- Mike --

16 years 4 months ago #50348 by sfutterer
Replied by sfutterer on topic Re:Another 'session expired' registration error
I'm having the same problem. Just upgraded to Joomla 1.0.13 and CB 1.1. I try to register a test user name and I get the error "Please enter your name" followed by the "Session expired and/ or cookies are not enabled in your browser".

How is this corrected?

16 years 4 months ago #50359 by mikeprince
Replied by mikeprince on topic Re:Another 'session expired' registration error
Try changing the 'session authentication method' to 2 (assuming it is at the default of 3). Global Configuration -> Server tab. I managed to get this working for the user who was having the problem, but only in IE7 (not the BT Yahoo browser). So it suggests otherwise it could be a browser setting, e.g. denying cookies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
-- Mike --

Cheers
-- Mike --

16 years 4 months ago #51109 by dlevancho
Replied by dlevancho on topic Re:Another 'session expired' registration error
I have the same issue, joomla 1.13 and CB 1.1 random users receive this error message.

16 years 3 months ago #51959 by jimspice
Just in case someone does a search on this...

I had the same problem ("...session expired and/or cookies..." with firefox using 1.13 and 1.1. Turned out to be a conflict with some Firefox addon I have installed -- still don't know which one.

I came to that conclusion when realizing registration worked on a barebones Firefox, and that I would also see the "Ajax Username Checker" which I would not on my addon heavy version.

Solution: do nothing since most people don't have the ton of addons I have, or simply turn off the checker in CB configuration. I opted for the latter.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn