2 Bugs: denyConnections / removeConnections

16 years 4 months ago #51035 by ndee
Hi,

first I thought it was my fault because of modding some pieces of code but now i had the time to test it on an fresh install.

Joomla 1.0.12
CB 1.1

In the standard CB config i modified the following entries:
[code:1]$ueConfig='1';
$ueConfig='0';
$ueConfig='1';
$ueConfig='1';
$ueConfig='0';
$ueConfig='0';
$ueConfig='Friend
Co Worker';
[/code:1]

Scenario:
user B (id 63) requests a connection with user A (id 62); the connection is only in one direction B->A; A has to accept / deny the connection

++++++BUG 1:Manage Connections / Manage Actions

Goto: Your Profile: Connections->Manage Connections Tab: Manage Actions (1)

If you get a connection request the request is pending and the receiving user has to accept or deny it. Denying the pending conn. is not working. If I activate the red cross radio button and click on update I get the Message "Connection actions successful!" BUT the Avatar is still there and the connection is not removed. Accepting the conn. is working btw.

++++++BUG 2: Manage Connections / remove existing Connection

Goto: Your Profile: Connections->Manage Connections Tab: Manage Connections With Me

You are user A: If you have an existing connection and you click on the red cross to remove the connection (above the avatar) you get an alert box "There is no direct connection." and you are redirected to the frontend of your profile.

What I found out so far (bug 2):
If you requested the connection (user B, id 63) and you go to your profile "Manage Connections" you can remove the connection successfully by hitting the red cross. The link looks like
[code:1]domain.tld/cbtest/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&act=connections&task=removeConnection&connectionid=62&Itemid=1[/code:1]
so the parameter for the connection id is user A, id 62 (to which user B is connected)

If you are user A, id 62, which received the connection from user B and want to remove the connection you get the above described error (bug 2). The link of the red cross looks the same:
[code:1]domain.tld/cbtest/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&act=connections&task=removeConnection&connectionid=62&Itemid=1[/code:1]

Should not there also be the connection id=63? I think so. If you have more then one connection all links looks the same.

--
The second bug should be easy to fix even for me but with the first one I searched hours in the source code without any clue what goes wrong.

Greets,
Andy

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2007/11/24 14:07

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #57764 by cpwom
Anybody else ? I got the same bug .. can't deny a connection. I've modified nothing in the code, and it's not a template issue either. It's strange that nobody posted any suggestion to correct this as it's really a big issue in the system.

thanks in advance.
Cedric

15 years 6 months ago #74613 by beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 5 months ago #76079 by beat
Thanks for reporting. :)

This issue has been addressed and fixed in Community Builder 1.2 RC 3, like all other known issues, and is going now for a last short rounds of live site testings, before CB 1.2 Stable release. :)

================= ISSUE FIXED ====================

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn