how to allow user to post in own profile book?

14 years 3 months ago #121543 by carsten888
I'm trying to get profile book to save posts from the user when visiting his/her own profile page.

So far, I have enabled the editor for the profile-user and the url and hidden field values all seem correct. Other users can post, no problem so far. But when a profile-user tries to save a post on his/own page nothing gets saved after submit.

I placed an echo 'saving'; exit; into function pbSave, which gets called when any other user saves a post, but not when the profile-user posts on his/her own page.

So there has to be something before the save-function gets called that checks if the poster is the same as the one posted to. Where is that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #121551 by nant

14 years 3 months ago #121553 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re:how to allow user to post in own profile book?
emmm. I got it. :silly:
[code:1]//Check to see if the visting user is the profile owner

if ( $_CB_framework->myId() != $user->id ) {
[/code:1]
change to
[code:1]//Check to see if the visting user is the profile owner

if ( $_CB_framework->myId()) {[/code:1]

:laugh:
have a nice day.

14 years 3 months ago #121554 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re:how to allow user to post in own profile book?

why not just use the wall tab instead?

Uh. I saw that post just a little too late.

After I installed it i checked the config but did not see any options for allowing the profiler to post in own profilebook/wall. Does that realy work, o silly me. I should have just tried it anyway. I am not familiar with the concept of 'wall' so I quickly forgot all about it.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn