Features of subscriptions plugin

15 years 2 months ago #86742 by thongsandals
Features of subscriptions plugin was created by thongsandals
Hi again,
i also signed up time ago to get this plugin and i am still waiting on a release date. I would appreciate (and probably everybody here who's interested) if this sections would be more clear to find out everything about this tool and also a estimated release date.

Let me ask about the feature (even i could't find tread related to it which answeres my questions):

Does the tool support different membership types. That means:

1. Free membership to have access to some contend (images, videos etc, ...)
2. Free membership user can upgrade to membership level 1, paying for example 5 EUR, so he will get inside of the same file structure access to more content (images, videos etc ...)
3. This Membership level 1 member could upgrade his account, paying 5 EUR more to a membership leve 2 where he can access even more images and videos (in the same file structures)

and so on until membership 5 level.

That means that the content (images, videos ) must be defined for which access leves are targeting, or?

Does you tool support this or is your tool limiting the access only to a defined file directory, so for each membership level, a new file directory structure must be created.

Hope you understand my proposal here.
Thanks in advanced.
Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #86744 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Features of subscriptions plugin
thongsandals wrote:

Hi again,
i also signed up time ago to get this plugin and i am still waiting on a release date. I would appreciate (and probably everybody here who's interested) if this sections would be more clear to find out everything about this tool and also a estimated release date.

Let me ask about the feature (even i could't find tread related to it which answeres my questions):

Does the tool support different membership types. That means:

1. Free membership to have access to some contend (images, videos etc, ...)
2. Free membership user can upgrade to membership level 1, paying for example 5 EUR, so he will get inside of the same file structure access to more content (images, videos etc ...)
3. This Membership level 1 member could upgrade his account, paying 5 EUR more to a membership leve 2 where he can access even more images and videos (in the same file structures)

and so on until membership 5 level.

That means that the content (images, videos ) must be defined for which access leves are targeting, or?

Does you tool support this or is your tool limiting the access only to a defined file directory, so for each membership level, a new file directory structure must be created.

Hope you understand my proposal here.
Thanks in advanced.
Regards

Yes, supports any reasonable number of subscriptions-types with upgrades.

You can do things on a per-file level using a doc manager, like docman or remository. Or do it on a per-directory level on apache webservers.

RC release of this plugin should not be to far away now (more than a few days but less than a month).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 months ago #86960 by Nefertiti
Replied by Nefertiti on topic Re:Features of subscriptions plugin
Beat,
so does that mean we don't need to integrate it with something like JACL or JUGA to provide the access control needed?

15 years 2 months ago #87090 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Features of subscriptions plugin
Nefertiti wrote:

Beat,
so does that mean we don't need to integrate it with something like JACL or JUGA to provide the access control needed?

Correct. Paid subs plugin comes with an ACL system which doesn't patch/hack joomla.

For lots of details about this and live demo, please watch video #3 from homepage front-page article on Joomladay Switzerland.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 days ago #95769 by thongsandals
Replied by thongsandals on topic Re:Features of subscriptions plugin
Hi, probably it might be the same issue, but just for me to me it more clear:

i would like to know if your subscription Tool supports an Image GAllery like ICE Gallery (old ZoomGallery). JUGA work with this, but i would like to know if your "ACL" tool would be like that same powerfull and usefull with your payment-subscription tool (or maybe does it work together with JUGA?)

That means:
User can sign up for free and can see Content of a Free Registered Gallery.

There will be 3 additional galleries:

1.Basic Gallery
2.Silver Gallery
3.Gold Gallery.

What do i need to do:

Question 1)
Free Registered User will have access to Basic GAllery:
- He pays 5 EUR so he will be able join the Basic Gallery.

Later, he decided to upgrade for Silver Gallery:
- He pays 3 EUR more, so he will be able to Access now: Basic and Silver GAllery.

Later, he decided to upgrade to Gold GAllery:
- He pays 2 EUR more, so he will be able to access now all Galleries.

Payment over Paypal or other credit-card applications

2) Free Registered user will directly access gold level gallery:
so y pay 5+3+2= 10 EUR and access all galleries.

3) Does your tool support different subscription period (1 day, 30 days, 3,6 or 12 month)

4) Does your tool support automatic renewing (a) for the same price or (b) for a discounted less amount

Thanks in advanced.

15 years 4 days ago #95771 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Features of subscriptions plugin
thongsandals wrote:

Hi, probably it might be the same issue, but just for me to me it more clear:

i would like to know if your subscription Tool supports an Image GAllery like ICE Gallery (old ZoomGallery). JUGA work with this, but i would like to know if your "ACL" tool would be like that same powerfull and usefull with your payment-subscription tool (or maybe does it work together with JUGA?)

That means:
User can sign up for free and can see Content of a Free Registered Gallery.

Currently, only CB Profile Gallery is supported, but there are many more plugins coming. CB does not use JUGA or any other ACL that alters Joomla core. Instead, it allows control over tabs, fields, connections, components, modules and plugins to resrict access.

There will be 3 additional galleries:

1.Basic Gallery
2.Silver Gallery
3.Gold Gallery.

What do i need to do:

Question 1)
Free Registered User will have access to Basic GAllery:
- He pays 5 EUR so he will be able join the Basic Gallery.

Later, he decided to upgrade for Silver Gallery:
- He pays 3 EUR more, so he will be able to Access now: Basic and Silver GAllery.

Later, he decided to upgrade to Gold GAllery:
- He pays 2 EUR more, so he will be able to access now all Galleries.

Payment over Paypal or other credit-card applications

2) Free Registered user will directly access gold level gallery:
so y pay 5+3+2= 10 EUR and access all galleries.

CBSubs goes one step further and allows also to prorate previous subscriptions.

3) Does your tool support different subscription period (1 day, 30 days, 3,6 or 12 month)

Yes, all in the CBSubs tab here for you to see in more detail.

4) Does your tool support automatic renewing (a) for the same price or (b) for a discounted less amount

Thanks in advanced.

Yes again... please go through the feature descriptions and see full capabilities.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn