Info needed to make decision

15 years 2 months ago #88221 by Aly
Info needed to make decision was created by Aly
I have waited patiently for the release of CB Subscriptions, along with the rest here. But at this point I am being forced to make a pretty urgent decision.

For the past 3 years I have MANUALLY managed my paid subscriptions as follows:

1. Members from an excel spreadsheet were imported to CB, all active members at that time.

2. New members who pay via Paypal are manually added to CB backend and confirmed via email.

3. Expired members (on a 1 year subscription) are MANUALLY disabled in CB / Joomla backend.

This process has been tedious, to say the least. And each currently active member has a unique expiration date, based upon the date of their last payment.

So my question:

Will I be able to import current member data into CB Subs Plugin -- to include their expiration date??? in such a way that it will work once the plugin is installed?????????

I would likely export the entire list from my joomla/CB install, delete the disabled users entirely.

I am HOPING I can simply add a column for the expiration date and IMPORT the list of active members back into Joomla/CB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #88981 by redneck
Replied by redneck on topic Re:Info needed to make decision
Can you please tell me how you export your users. I am using the older version of Joomla with 1.1 CB. I can see my users in the old Joomla Users and also in CB Users. I need to export the CB users to be able to mass edit the list. My issue is I dont know where to start.
Is there a component to export?

Dwayne

D Walley
Mississippi-Online.com

15 years 2 months ago #88985 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Info needed to make decision
Aly wrote:

I have waited patiently for the release of CB Subscriptions, along with the rest here. But at this point I am being forced to make a pretty urgent decision.

For the past 3 years I have MANUALLY managed my paid subscriptions as follows:

1. Members from an excel spreadsheet were imported to CB, all active members at that time.

2. New members who pay via Paypal are manually added to CB backend and confirmed via email.

3. Expired members (on a 1 year subscription) are MANUALLY disabled in CB / Joomla backend.

This process has been tedious, to say the least. And each currently active member has a unique expiration date, based upon the date of their last payment.

So my question:

Will I be able to import current member data into CB Subs Plugin -- to include their expiration date??? in such a way that it will work once the plugin is installed?????????

I would likely export the entire list from my joomla/CB install, delete the disabled users entirely.

I am HOPING I can simply add a column for the expiration date and IMPORT the list of active members back into Joomla/CB.

Your can use a very flexible import mechanism to setup initial conditions of your membership group.

15 years 2 months ago #89098 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Info needed to make decision
nant wrote:

Your can use a very flexible import mechanism to setup initial conditions of your membership group.

Thanks, nant -- is this going to be included in the plugin??

15 years 2 months ago #89441 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Info needed to make decision
Aly wrote:

nant wrote:

Thanks, nant -- is this going to be included in the plugin??

yes

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #94978 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Info needed to make decision
Released ! :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn