Field Management / Profile Types

15 years 1 month ago #88519 by socialfan
Field Management / Profile Types was created by socialfan
Hello,

I was wondering if the subscription plans can be used to handle different profile types.

From what I have seen from the videos, it’s only possible to hide different fields during registration.

For my purpose I would want to create 3 different user types that require different field values.
Basically, if user group A, creates a profile it has different options for the same positions on the template than user group B.

Hopefully I could explaine myself… :)

Thank you, regards,
Socialfan

PS: Can not wait for the plug-ins, bring them on ;)

Pleeeeease !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #88565 by euroman
Replied by euroman on topic Re:Field Management / Profile Types
When is it to be released, Beat? How long is the "a few days" you mentioned?

Regards,

Post edited by: euroman, at: 2009/02/14 02:49

Regards,

David Yang

AnyTeck Technology Online - www.anyteck.com
Slogan - Fulfilling your online targets!
We provides Web 2.0 Site Design & SEO Services to all small business clients.

15 years 1 month ago #88612 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Field Management / Profile Types
socialfan wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if the subscription plans can be used to handle different profile types.

From what I have seen from the videos, it’s only possible to hide different fields during registration.

For my purpose I would want to create 3 different user types that require different field values.
Basically, if user group A, creates a profile it has different options for the same positions on the template than user group B.

Hopefully I could explaine myself… :)

Thank you, regards,
Socialfan

PS: Can not wait for the plug-ins, bring them on ;)

Pleeeeease !

Socialfan,

Yes, that is something which isn't possible today but will become possible with RC release (thanks to a joomlapolitan who co-sponsored this feature for having this soon rather than late). :woohoo:

Yes, it will delay the RC release by a few more days. But it's worth for most users to have this as well, as the demand seems quite big for that. ;)

Euroman,

Believe me, we're extremely impatient to release and frustrated by the delays ourselves very much :( , but we want to release something really solid, given the very long wait for it. Using bold letters and bumping other threads won't help. If you need it badly, simply join the pre-release group by contacting nant by PM with your skype id, so you can discuss the exact need and if need is covered, qualify for the pre-release. it already runs this site and quite some more.

All,

If you look retrospectively at CB 1.2 Stable, yes it was frustrating wait, but there is extremely low ratio of problems compared to users-base, and at the end of the day, everybody is very happy about that. Paid subs handles money of users, we want that as stable and complete as CB 1.2 Stable, no less.

Sorry to contradict myself, but we are still very few weeks away from RC, it will not be months anymore. As soon as we are confident enough for a firm release date we will communicate it by the newsletter, together with a new pricing scheme.

We have decided to change the pricing model for a more classical one, based on numerous voice-full feedbacks showing that our initial intent was understood exactly the opposite way of our intentions :S ... can tell you that makes us an additional delay as well as we need to change the license-manager and provisioning tool, explaining partly the extra-delay).

So, we are listening, and adjusting to make sure that our users are happy and comfortable with the release and all the aspects around it, replying to posts like this one, which are very well justified questions, so replying properly is important. That's taking some extra time as well, but again well worth.

Back to work on plugins and paid subs :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 month ago #88662 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Re:Field Management / Profile Types
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. B)

I am sure that the wait will be worthwhile. I am enjoying CB stability right now and together with Subscription Management plug-in it will make your package one of the most power-full web solutions in the world. However, hopefully we are REALY looking at weeks (I wish days).

Enough said. Get working, I hope all your efforts will pay out for you eventually.

Regards,
SF

15 years 1 month ago #88707 by euroman
Replied by euroman on topic Re:Field Management / Profile Types
Well, Beat. I actually do believe you have a great attitude to all CB products:lol: .

However, you know that the all previous dates to release it you have mentioned were not exact:angry: . It is meant that I have to hold off my clients again and again:dry: .

In terms of CB design, you are perfect designers with an innovative team, but in business the CB team should be more professional.

Regards,

David Yang

AnyTeck Technology Online - www.anyteck.com
Slogan - Fulfilling your online targets!
We provides Web 2.0 Site Design & SEO Services to all small business clients.

15 years 1 month ago #89218 by lovehandles
Replied by lovehandles on topic Re:Field Management / Profile Types
dont get fooled by their promises.

if it wasnt for this subscription plugin i would have already switched to Jomsocial.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn