Fatal error: Out of memory

14 years 10 months ago #98295 by jhlarsen
Fatal error: Out of memory was created by jhlarsen
Something that has been a pain in my side since purchasing the CBSubs component is this Out of Memory error. I read the forums and found out that 1and1 wasn't a good hosting provider due to their allocated memory couldn't be changed to be more than 20MB. Unfortunately, I hosted with 1and1. So, I got on the phone and started talking to several hosting companies. I found one that I thought would work out really well and was still a decent price for me to pay.

So, I signed up with them, moved my site over, went in to add my license and I got the error again. I have now been working with them for 3 days to help figure out what the issue might be. We added the memory_limit= 80MB to the php.ini file and verified that php.information shows that it is at 80MB.

I am getting extremely frustrated with the component at this time and not sure what I can do from here...

I get the following error:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/easyfami/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 237

My URL is 69.89.31.57/~easyfami
I am hosted with www.bluehost.com with the following credentials:
PHP Version 5.2.9
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
MySQL 5.0.75
ionCube Loader

I get the error when I go to click on the “settings” link to add my license and haven’t been able to even add my license to see any of the other features. I am just about ready to ask for a refund because I paid the money and haven’t been able to get it working.

If there are any other thoughts out there that might help, please send them my way. Thanks

Jamie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #98296 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Fatal error: Out of memory
jhlarsen wrote:

So, I signed up with them, moved my site over, went in to add my license and I got the error again. I have now been working with them for 3 days to help figure out what the issue might be. We added the memory_limit= 80MB to the php.ini file and verified that php.information shows that it is at 80MB.

I get the following error:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/easyfami/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html/select.php on line 237
Jamie

Sorry to hear the issues you having around memory.

Do you have other CB plugins which might be using lots of memory.

I'm runing full backend within less than 40 MB here on PHP 5.2.9.

Btw, you need to check for the info with your hoster, as you don't have 80 MB, contrary to the php.ini setting, it looks like limited to 40 MB elsewehere, which is enough for CBSubs and CB team plugins only:

From your error message above, I calculate:

39583744 + 30720 = around 40 MB which is less than 80 MB.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #98299 by jhlarsen
Replied by jhlarsen on topic Re:Fatal error: Out of memory
Thanks for the quick response. I am really going out of my head with this one.

I have many of the CB plugins installed, but I have unpublished a majority of them while trying to figure this thing out.

I can give a username and password so you can login to the admin area to check it out if you would want.

I have checked with the hosting company on the memory limit. I have changed that amount several times thinking that I would eventually get it to work. I did take it back to 40 thinking that this would be enough (similar to your thoughts). Would you happen to know of anything else that I might be able to try?

Thanks

14 years 10 months ago #98301 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Fatal error: Out of memory
Unpublishing might not be enough in the backend. Uninstalling might be required. I need to check on that one in CB.

Yes, site access could help to try to find the cause. You can PM me through my profile here using the icon bottom left of this post.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #98437 by jhlarsen
Replied by jhlarsen on topic Re:Fatal error: Out of memory
I just wanted to follow-up with this thread that there is still not a resolution to this. The hosting company thinks that it is a coding problem and CB believes that it is a hosting issue.

Any thoughts that you might have would help. Thanks

Jamie

14 years 10 months ago #98452 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Fatal error: Out of memory
Your server error logs might help solve the issue. I'm not sure if you have access or need your host to pull them for you.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn