Direct Access to this location is not allowed.

15 years 9 months ago #64062 by motd
Hi,

Congratulations on being another step closer to a full release. :)

I tried the RC and when trying to install a CB Plugin, I get this error:
"Direct Access to this location is not allowed."

I checked plugin/user and the files are there, along with a zipped file that should have been unzipped upon installation by calling the install.pluginname.php file (which uses PclZip).

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #64064 by Terp
Did you install the CAPTCHA plugin? I was running strong until i did, now I am getting the same thing...when I try to logout, check my profile, everything.

I did see that we are to set the permissions to 755, but I am on a Windows local install with full permissions, so not sure why I wouldn't have access.

[update] I unpublished the CAPTCHA and the issue went away for me.

15 years 9 months ago #64065 by motd
Hi,

I install the plugin straight after I install CB-RC, on a fresh 1.5.3 Joomla install.

I only installed the CAPTCHA plugin after I got the error message, just to test.

CAPTCHA installed successfully with a message about chmod().

Not sure if this is an issue, but this is what I see in php error log for CAPTCHA:
[01-Jun-2008 11:54:42] PHP Warning: chmod() [<a href='function.chmod'>function.chmod</a>]: No such file or directory in /Users/motd/Sites/joomla15/cb12test1/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/install.cbcaptcha.php on line 47

Post edited by: motd, at: 2008/06/01 06:20

15 years 9 months ago #64069 by Terp
I had to unpublish the CAPTCHA and all was well; then I installed MyBlog to check the Avatar sharing and the like...same thing happend. The "MyBlog Tab" plugin will fire the same message and I can't do anything.

15 years 9 months ago #64091 by nant
Could be that the plugin is not specifically written for CB 1.2 (new API) or most likely it is not Joomla native and you do not have the Joomla legacy plugin installed.

There will be a new CB Captcha plugin compatible with CB 1.2 (and thus cross CMS compatible just like CB 1.2) within the day (check your documentation subscriber download area for it).

============ IMO: NO CB ISSUES HERE ==============

15 years 9 months ago #64094 by beat
Maybe turn on legacy plugin of Joomla 1.5 will go further than the check for

defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or ....... die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.')

?
;D

and probably work well, and without any differences (specially on PHP 5)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn