[NOT SOLVED] Captcha error with session

15 years 9 months ago #65250 by Korpio
Greetings, this is probably related to my other topic:
Theres still the Cookies/Sesion Expired problem :(

I installed Captcha 2.2 RC on my site, and the images dosnt apear,

I pressed over the place were the image should apear with the right mouse botton to see the image propeties (IE7) and saw the long address line, copied and pasted on my browser and got this error:
Session connect error!

Using an old site with CB 1.1 and the old capcha plugin, I copied and placed the long address line on the browser and I could see the image, of course, everytime I reload the page I get a new image

For the looks of it, Im having trouble the the Sessions on CB 1.2, I sometimes had that error on the CB 1.1, but now I get the same error everytime

How can I fix this? :dry:

My server is using:
PHP Version 5.1.6
Apache/2.2.3 (Linux Red Hat 5)
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
MySQL 5.0.22
Session Support enabled

I try using:
Windows Vista and XP
IE 7, Opera, Firefox and Safary

Post edited by: Korpio, at: 2008/06/17 19:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #65251 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Captcha error with session
Are you, by any chance, using McAfee Advertising Block? That's what I found was causing my problem previously (thanks to Nant).

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 9 months ago #65255 by Korpio
Replied by Korpio on topic Re:Captcha error with session
Nop, Im running Windows Live OneCare, I just deactivated and tryed registering and got the same error :huh:

15 years 9 months ago #65969 by Korpio
Replied by Korpio on topic [NOT SOLVED] Captcha error with session
Well... I reinstalled Joomla and CB 1.2 and worked fine, the problem aprears to be when you upgrade from CB 1.1 to 1.2.

You get sessions errors :dry:

15 years 8 months ago #67249 by abo
Replied by abo on topic Re:Captcha error with session
same here.... Installed CB 1.2 and captcha 2.2 - no image showing, no sound to hear (though the sound window opened).... and - with the session error I could not turn off the plugin, because I was locked out after trying to look at the settings of the plugin (the page for setting appeared - but not with a template, and therefore without any buttons for navigation -> thus leaving the plugin locked).

I am not using McAffee on my local computer or internet server, but Panda - if that means anything.

Could it be, that the error appears, if you only have one GD library on the server (I only have GD 2 installed)???

What I did - I removed the folder manually and deleted the plugin from the database table. Now everything works fine again - but without captcha.... :unsure:

15 years 8 months ago #67256 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Captcha error with session
Please PM me backend access and I will test the latest build I have.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn