Alternative Redirect depending on user group

15 years 9 months ago #66555 by cursor
Hi there!

I'm facing another issue that I don't really know how to figure out. So I'm hoping someone here in the forum can help me out with this :)

Thank you so much for CB 1.2RC - I haven't found any major bugs yet and I'm pretty happy with all the features!

What I'm trying to achieve is, that I have two different groups of registered users (Customer and Partner)
I'm wondering if it's possible to have two different redirects after login because I have two different startup pages with different information depending on the usergroup!

someone an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #66558 by nant
You can write a CB plugin to do this.
The API has triggers for these events.

Nothing out of the box.

15 years 8 months ago #69738 by keith.hatfield
Replied by keith.hatfield on topic Re:Alternative Redirect depending on user group
I wrote a Joomla! component/CB Plugin that will do this.

You can find the documentation/download at KeithsCode.com .

It will let you redirect users to different locations based on user group. You can also set expirations for the redirection, or choose to only redirect them one time (if you have a special announcement or something) ...

Hopefully this helps ...

15 years 7 months ago #74479 by kubbah
it does not work with joomla 1.5

so it's quite useless

15 years 7 months ago #74491 by keith.hatfield
Replied by keith.hatfield on topic Re:Alternative Redirect depending on user group
If you'll notice on the site, a 1.5 implementation is coming by the end of the year.

There are still a plethora of users using 1.0.x and they don't seem to have a problem with it.

Saying that it is useless because it has not been released for 1.5 is short sighted and rude.

Get a clue ...

15 years 7 months ago #74493 by kubbah
I didn't want to be arrogant.. sorry
I'm saying that the majority of users are getting close to 1.5.. and it would be great to have it working with 1.5

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn