Changing the password reminder

15 years 7 months ago #74228 by FuturaImmagine
Changing the password reminder was created by FuturaImmagine
Hi guys i need a little help. On my site I'm using the e-mail address instead of the username. But if a user clicks on password reminder, he needs the username to have it sent back.

Is it possibile to change the password reminder? I need only the e-mail address to be displayed.

If this is a big job please let me have a quote by email (info@futuraimmagine.com)

Thank you very much,

Luca

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #74266 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Changing the password reminder
You are right, it looks a little strange, but this is more an usability issue than a bug.

1) Depending on your configuration, if you allow people to change their username (which is by default the email, when you don't ask for username at registration), then username might become different from email.

Also the same form allows to do it in 2 steps: first get username, then use username to reset password.

2) I'm a little reluctant to change this 2-steps process into 1-step process, as it would make changing someone's else password to easy (of course the new password wouldn't be known from the joker, but it would be an annoyance to the user).

We are planing to improve the workflow in CB 1.3.

I also sent you an email.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn