Modifying Forms

15 years 6 months ago #74343 by timatsyd
Modifying Forms was created by timatsyd
Hi Guys,

I have modified (well my php guy has) administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php to allow a field to be displayed as flash. See sample at - goo-me.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=62&Itemid=59 the flash widget codes are in a textarea cb field.

The problem is, now I want to be able to create normal fields for the profile but every new field will display the new additions (the Copy & Paste the following cod.. etc and textarea & button).

Would anyone possible be able to have a look at the attached file?

I'm happy to pay someone to code this for me.

As far as I know, the only mods are around line 7797.

Thank you in advance!

Tim

EDIT: Could a simple if statement be written such as: IF field = cb_goo-me THEN treat this way (line 7797), ELSE treat normal (original line without mods)

Post edited by: timatsyd, at: 2008/09/15 05:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #74344 by timatsyd
Replied by timatsyd on topic Re:Modifying Forms
PHP file wouldn't attach so I have zipped it. Please see attached.

Thanks again!

Attachment comprofiler-80d6d771e5441438ac84aa8c57ec8730.zip not found

Attachments:

15 years 6 months ago #74587 by timatsyd
Replied by timatsyd on topic Re:Modifying Forms
Problem solved.

The attached zip contains an edited version of comprofiler.class.php (admin side) that displays the following.

1. All "textarea" fields will display in profile tabs as flash (if the embed codes are in the fields)
2. All other fields are shown as normal.

Uses: Each cb user on my site has a flash widget. Codes are stored in a textarea field and displayed as flash on their profile.

I'm definitely no pro (don't even really know php) so if you use this, make sure you back up everything.

Tim

Attachment comprofiler-4250d75d2c24e20188a3d297d5208c10.zip not found

Attachments:

15 years 6 months ago #74591 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Modifying Forms
tim, If you truly are using RC1 instead of RC2, there are a lot of fixes between the two, but maybe you can wait until 1.2 final is released if you're not having problems. If you're using RC2, I'll move to the correct forum.

To the point here, thanks for posting your changes for others to benefit. karma upped! (that's a good thing... see the thumbs up/thumbs down up in your forum thread post header.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn