Installation problem

15 years 9 months ago #67037 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
rofar wrote:

I can now access Tab Management, Field Management, List Management, Plugin Management, Tools and Configuration. It all looks very impressive, I must say!!

However, when I access User Management, I get the following:

DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'aro.aro_id' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT u.*, g.name AS groupname, ue.approved,ue.confirmed FROM fire_users AS u LEFT JOIN fire_comprofiler AS ue ON u.id = ue.id INNER JOIN fire_core_acl_aro AS aro ON aro.value = u.id INNER JOIN fire_core_acl_groups_aro_map AS gm ON gm.aro_id = aro.aro_id INNER JOIN fire_core_acl_aro_groups AS g ON g.group_id = gm.group_id WHERE aro.section_value = 'users' LIMIT 0, 20

Somehow your Joomla version isn't properly recognized by CB due to something else than CB or core unmodified joomla installation.

That's probably also what caused the other errors as well (including having to turn legacy ON, even your joomla's backend menu system got wrong).

So here next set of questions:

Is the joomla version file intact and "geniuine" :D ?

Was your joomla version rebranded ? :angry:

Does the footer of your admin display correct Joomla 1.5.3 name and version ? :dry:

Do you have *any* other extension or plugin ? or *did* you try *any* (sometimes uninstall leaves files) ? :huh:

If not, I would suggest to clear all, reinstall joomla and CB, as you don't have anything else installed ;) :woohoo:

If you know why that could have been due to another extension, we would be thankful to know which did that... ;)

Some hosters unfortunately also do rebrand joomla...it turns out to be The main reason for turning down our proposal to help on the server...and at the end of the day, looses time to everybody ;) In those last cases, we do want to charge for our lost time....but i'm sure that's not your case, right ? :whistle:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67052 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Installation problem
beat, thanks for your reply. I do appreciate your spirit and personality in helping and responding.

However, the veiled accusations...are they meant to be funny or offensive? :P

I would never want to waste your time and I do appreciate your help on the forums here.

I would ask, where is the genuine version file? That should indicate to you the answer to the rest of your veiled accusations. :cheer: :P

What do you mean by rebranding?

I did try other extensions, but where would the files be left?

On another note, I did go back into the Tools > Check Community Builder Database and got the following:

ERROR: sql query: SELECT a.value AS id, a.aro_id FROM #__core_acl_aro a LEFT JOIN #__users u ON u.id = a.value WHERE a.section_value = 'users' AND u.id IS NULL : returned error: Unknown column 'a.aro_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.value AS id, a.aro_id FROM fire_core_acl_aro a LEFT JOIN fire_users u ON u.id = a.value WHERE a.section_value = 'users' AND u.id IS NULL

ERROR: sql query: SELECT a.value AS id, a.aro_id FROM #__core_acl_aro a LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_groups_aro_map g ON g.aro_id = a.aro_id WHERE g.aro_id IS NULL : returned error: Unknown column 'a.aro_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.value AS id, a.aro_id FROM fire_core_acl_aro a LEFT JOIN fire_core_acl_groups_aro_map g ON g.aro_id = a.aro_id WHERE g.aro_id IS NULL

ERROR: sql query: SELECT g.aro_id AS id FROM #__core_acl_groups_aro_map g LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.aro_id = g.aro_id WHERE a.aro_id IS NULL : returned error: Unknown column 'a.aro_id' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT g.aro_id AS id FROM fire_core_acl_groups_aro_map g LEFT JOIN fire_core_acl_aro a ON a.aro_id = g.aro_id WHERE a.aro_id IS NULL

Also, the User Management still is giving an error.

Thanks for your help! ...And by the way, many people in the USA value privacy and that's why we wouldn't share our sites and especially not our login or FTP information. I would imagine many would not want to give that out, for security reasons, though I am certain you are trustworthy.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #67056 by rofar
Beat, you're a genius! You were right about the version file! Apparently my hosting company had switched some information in there, in their automated installation! So, I re-installed a new package from Joomla's site and now it is working properly! Unbelievable! So, thank you for helping me diagnose this! I couldn't have done it without you!

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #67095 by rofar
I guess a lesson learned:

Please point member/customer to where the version.php file is and ask them to confirm what's there.

I had no idea about potential conflicts that could arise from hosting companies modifying this.

Anyway, I am loving my Community Builder now! Wow, what a system beat and nant!! I could never have imagined how great it is!

15 years 9 months ago #67106 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
Well, this happens fortunately once in 20'000 cases so it's not he upfront question, sorry.

But let's learn the lessons needed as a community, and make this lengthy and uneasy experience avoidable by others, in 2 steps:

1) could you please give name/url of hosting company so we can make a "known issue" out of this ?

2) could you please attach to your reply post the version.php file that you found as installed by your hoster, so that we can analyze how to detect that it's buggy, and work-around that, either by still finding the joomla version, or at least by flagging a clear error at install time ?

That would then avoid other joomlapolitans, customers of that hoster to run into same trouble ;)

P.S. re privacy accessing hosts: most people who give access don't give their own access, but create a temporary access, or change password afterwards, at least when i'm done, I ask them to do that. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67124 by rofar
beat, thanks for your reply.

I am glad it's only happened 1 in 20,000 cases! That's good!

I am just happy that this is resolved and would rather let it go at this point, instead of pointing at the hosting company. They are free to modify open source software if they want. They did not strip out Joomla's name or anything. Anyone looking at the code would know right away that it is Joomla.

Attaching that version.php file would reveal the name of the hoster. So, in keeping with the last paragraph, I would rather just let it go.

The simple principle is to make sure you have genuine parts. :-) It's probably best to get the software yourself and install it yourself, rather than using these automated installers.

Let's all do our own install of software directly downloaded from Joomla.org and we won't run into this kind of problem.

P.S. - re: privacy, people consider their domain like their home address. They don't want to give it out in certain circumstances, like on a software site, because of privacy. And they don't like knowing that someone was around in their home and don't know all they could have done. :S :P :blink: ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn