Installation problem

15 years 9 months ago #66986 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Installation problem
nant, thanks for your reply.

So, the ue_config.php is not needed for the expert installation?

Second, are the expert files identical to the regular install files?

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #66987 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
rofar wrote:

nant, thanks for your reply.

So, the ue_config.php is not needed for the expert installation?

Second, are the expert files identical to the regular install files?

your install needs a ue_config.php

yes, the files are identical (appart of directory structure) and the ue_config.php file which is missing from the expert upgrade package, so that it doesn't overwrite your existing one (if you have one). Otherwise take the one of the standard package and put it in administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ and make sure it's writable.

Basically either ftp or untargzip on server in root folder the expert upgrade files.

Then verify that the missing files are now there. Maybe if they are not there by ftp either, you will find reason why they are not there first. (i'm suspecting a folders permissions problem on writes that didn't allow normal installation, but without seeing server (for understood reasons ;) no worries), it's hard to tell.

Of course, backup first, as usual.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #66990 by rofar
thanks, beat!

I have uploaded all files to the necessary folders, but, I don't know what to do afterwards?

I have read and re-read the instructions, but I don't see anything for a first install through expert installation.

I had uninstalled all CB extensions and files and tables in the database.

How do I get the thing to start installing?

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #66992 by rofar
In other words, I see expert "upgrade" instructions, but not expert "first install" instructions.

15 years 9 months ago #66993 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installation problem
The detailed documentation has such instructions and so does the readme file.

15 years 9 months ago #66994 by rofar
nant, can you point me to which page? I am not finding it very easily.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn