NEW J!1.5 Author2CBProfile plugin

15 years 8 months ago #67096 by zakx
NEW J!1.5 Author2CBProfile plugin was created by zakx
Hi,

I couldn't find a CB 1.2 compatible version of the CB Author plugin, so I wrote a J!1.5 native plugin which links the author's byline at the top to their CB profile.

It works fine, but is listed as alpha as there is an optional very trivial 1 line edit to a core file.

If you don't do the edit, you'll get the author's name also appearing before the "Edit Item" icon when you log in to the front end as an editor or above.

The edit just comments out a line that adds the author name to the edit icon tooltip (i.e. the line doesn't add any functionality), so will not affect the functioning of your site.

If anyone has a workaround for this, please let me know and I'll update the file on the Joomlacode site.

You can get it at joomlacode.org/gf/project/zakauthor2cb/frs/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #67156 by zooboo
Replied by zooboo on topic Re:NEW J!1.5 Author2CBProfile plugin
Thanks for the contribution!

15 years 8 months ago #67166 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:NEW J!1.5 Author2CBProfile plugin
Thanks so much, zakz!

...Could one of the Community Builder developers take a look at this work and give their opinion?

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 8 months ago #67186 by zakx
Replied by zakx on topic Re:NEW J!1.5 Author2CBProfile plugin
You're welcome! I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I assumed there would be other people in the same situation. It's just my little bit to help others out.

15 years 8 months ago #67441 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:NEW J!1.5 Author2CBProfile plugin
Cool, thanks for sharing. Please add the listing to a category in the Directory on this site and also as CB extension on extensions.joomla.org :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #67497 by zakx
Replied by zakx on topic Re:NEW J!1.5 Author2CBProfile plugin
Hi,

I've added it to the "CBED" under Community Building -> Profiles here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,172/Itemid,55/

JED listing will follow shortly!

Regards,
-Zak

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn