Is this possible to achieve

15 years 9 months ago #67102 by thecda
Is this possible to achieve was created by thecda
Hi,

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place, please forgive me if not. Trying to create something a little different using RC2 and Joomla 1.5

I shall try to explain what I am trying to achieve.

I want a user to be able to request a connection with another user by just typing in a username and hitting a button called something like "request connection". Also profiles should only be visible to users that they are connected to.

Does this make any sense? If the idea sounds at all plausible I can try to illustrate what I'm trying to achieve further.

TIA

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67444 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Is this possible to achieve
thecda wrote:

Hi,

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place, please forgive me if not. Trying to create something a little different using RC2 and Joomla 1.5

I shall try to explain what I am trying to achieve.

I want a user to be able to request a connection with another user by just typing in a username and hitting a button called something like "request connection". Also profiles should only be visible to users that they are connected to.

Does this make any sense? If the idea sounds at all plausible I can try to illustrate what I'm trying to achieve further.

TIA

Paul

You need to analyze the urls used for making connection. Maybe you can do that without changing code. Maybe not.

Re: profiles visibility to connections only is a nice feature request for future CB versions, hopefully will be in CB 1.3, but it's not in CB 1.2 RC. There is a plugin for that for CB 1.1, but unfortunately i didn't hear from the author in the past months.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn