CBJUICE updated to CB1.2RC2

15 years 9 months ago #67224 by jciconsult
CBJUICE updated to CB1.2RC2 was created by jciconsult
I have updated CBJUICE to reflect the introduction of a new concept the TABLENAMES field in the FIELDS table. It would be very nice if the CB team posted advance notice to subscribers of structural changes to the system and provided a better road map.

Post edited by: jciconsult, at: 2008/07/03 17:04

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67230 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CBJUICE updated to CB1.2RC2
jciconsult wrote:

I have updated CBJUICE to reflect the introduction of a new concept the TABLENAMES field in the FIELDS table. It would be very nice if the CB team posted advance notice to subscribers of structural changes to the system and provided a better road map.

Post edited by: jciconsult, at: 2008/07/03 17:04

There are many 3P developers that have taken advantage of this article:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/177/37/

In addition to the stated benefits, the developers are added to the test team and have first hand access to new builds and code. This way they can further insure compatibility of their CB plugin or component with CB.

Also, some 3PD have contacted CB TEam to establish API agreement for future proof integration - example forum API (simpleboard developers with cb team agreed this and it still is used even though simpleboard is gone), YANC API, PMS plugin API, CB Connector, etc.

I do not recall any contact attempt made by the juice developer (are you this developer?) - if you have made such contact then I appologize.

Best approach from here on - IMHO - is to contact the CB Team (specifically Beat or myself) and come to an agreement regarding integration issues. Also, following the article and registering as a 3P developer will give you some heads up.

15 years 9 months ago #67233 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:CBJUICE updated to CB1.2RC2
1) I am the developer.
2) I have sent emails about the component to Beat several times with ZERO response.
3) It is quite irritating to work without documentation.
Consider this post a request for such documentation.

15 years 9 months ago #67498 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBJUICE updated to CB1.2RC2
We established today direct contact with jciconsult to better coordinate in future. :)

jciconsult will also become CB 3pd and CB testteam member, to have advance access to new versions and database-changes notices.

We are very thankful to jciconsult for developing and maintaining cbJuice.

The API doc will be updated to 1.2 after CB 1.2 stable and CB team plugins releases.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67595 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Re:CBJUICE updated to CB1.2RC2
I am going to be extending CBJUICE to handle JUGA groups as I have time over the next week or so. I will probably extend the export capability to include the export of elemental fields that are grouped into a common user field in the fields table. I doubt if I will get to the add/edit of such fields until a later date.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn