cblogin module issue

15 years 9 months ago #67307 by kevincam
cblogin module issue was created by kevincam
I just noticed that when a user sends a message and I login see the text "You have 1 new private message but when I switch to my other language the notice does not work" see the video link below:

Video Link of Problem Click Here

I have made sure that all the translations for the words are in the portuguese file but for some reason it's not using them for the that message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67528 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:cblogin module issue
Thanks for the nice video.

I looked at source-code of CB login module, and on your output and my conclusion *guess* is that the SQL query getting the number of unread messages doesn't return ok with joomFish.

Please try setting the messages to display also "no message" in cb login module params, to confirm this hypothesis. In that case you would see "1 message" in English and "no messages" in portuguese.

Please also update joomFish to very latest, if you don't have latest as some fixes took place lately.

Finally enable site debug in joomla config, and check for the SQL queries for the PMS from CB login, maybe some debug messages of joomFish will help too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67589 by kevincam
Replied by kevincam on topic Re:cblogin module issue
I have the latest version of Joomfish 2.0 Beta 2 and here's the results of the debug queries after browsing to the portuguese version of the page, let me know if they help you determine what's going on:

setRefTables debug:
tempsql = SELECT firstname FROM jos_comprofiler WHERE id = 64
sql_exNos = SELECT firstname FROM jos_comprofiler WHERE id =

setRefTables debug:
tempsql = SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler c, jos_users u WHERE c.id = u.id AND c.id = 64
sql_exNos = SELECT * FROM jos_comprofiler c, jos_users u WHERE c.id = u.id AND c.id =

setRefTables debug:
tempsql = SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_comprofiler_members AS m LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler AS c ON m.referenceid=c.id LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON m.referenceid=u.id WHERE m.memberid=64 AND m.pending=1 AND c.approved=1 AND c.confirmed=1 AND c.banned=0 AND u.block=0
sql_exNos = SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_comprofiler_members AS m LEFT JOIN jos_comprofiler AS c ON m.referenceid=c.id LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON m.referenceid=u.id WHERE m.memberid= AND m.pending= AND c.approved= AND c.confirmed= AND c.banned= AND u.block=

15 years 9 months ago #67600 by beat
Not really, sorry, I would be more interested at the normal joomla logging at bottom of template, regarding SQL requests to your PMS tables.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67627 by kevincam
Replied by kevincam on topic Re:cblogin module issue
ok here's what was at the bottom of the screen just save it and view it at full size to see the details:

Post edited by: kevincam, at: 2008/07/07 05:06

15 years 9 months ago #67640 by beat
Very strange, even the queries to count the messages are not in the login-module group, but there are some appart as legacy queries.

- do you have a separate module for displaying count of unread messages ?

- did you upgrade the CB login module to 1.2 RC2 (version is displayed in extensions->installation->modules of joomla) as in that version, the queries are native ?

- what version of joomla and of joomFish are you using ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn