user galleries - which is best to use?

15 years 9 months ago #67459 by tazmund2
user galleries - which is best to use? was created by tazmund2
Hello everyone,

I am just learning how to use CB and it's capabilities. I have spent many days looking through available plugins to allow my users to upload photos and videos and share them with other users.

I have looked at so many now, some are no longer updated and others only work with a certain version that I've confused myself.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to achieve the result I'm after?

Thank you very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67468 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:user galleries - which is best to use?
check out these two threads:

DatsoGallery

AllVideos Reloaded

I would make a further donation to JoomlaPolis if these two could be done effectively! I would be happy to!

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #67521 by tazmund2
Replied by tazmund2 on topic Re:user galleries - which is best to use?
Hi rofar,

I see you have been struggling as well. I am glad I am not the only one that's confused. As you rightly pointed out there does not seem to be a robust gallery to work with Joomla 1.5.3 and CB 1.2 RC2.

:unsure:

I have checked out both of your suggestions, RSGallery seems promising with the voting and comments system. Do you know if it works with the above latest Joomla and DB Config though?

15 years 9 months ago #67531 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:user galleries - which is best to use?
tazmund2, you're welcome.

Definitely do not waste your time on DatsoGallery!

Yes, RSGallery2 seems to be the best one I could find. It is designed to work with Joomla 1.5 native. And I was amazed by how ROBUST it is!

I only hope that we can get a Community Builder 1.2 integration extension soon. I definitely think that RSGallery2 is the one for the CB developers to concentrate on. No need to waste time on others.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn