Author tab and MyBlog entries

15 years 9 months ago #67512 by zakx
Author tab and MyBlog entries was created by zakx
Hi,

Is there any way to configure the CB author tab to exclude certain sections, or does the code need altering?

In particular, I want to exclude the "Blogs" section as blog entries are already listed under the myblog tab and they somehow get different urls (apparently this is really bad for SEO).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Zak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67525 by zakx
Replied by zakx on topic Re:Author tab and MyBlog entries
As an example, have a look at:

www.sports-recovery.com/my-profile/view-user-profile/menu-id-71.html?user=63

and look at the URL listed in the Articles and MyBlog tab - there's only 1 blog post!

Thanks,
Zak

15 years 9 months ago #67798 by zakx
Replied by zakx on topic Re:Author tab and MyBlog UPDATE
I opened a ticket with Azrul (the writers of MyBlog) support to see if they could offer any assistance. They got back to me pretty sharply.

Here's their reply:

Hi Zak

By default, since My Blog uses the same content's database table as the Joomla's default content component, you will have to hack the CB's author tab to not include My Blog's managed sections. To do so, firstly, you will have to include the configuration file of My Blog,

include_once('path/to/administrator/components/com_myblog/config.myblog.php');

Within the function itself, you will need to declare $_MY_CONFIG as a global variable, by adding the codes below,

global $_MY_CONFIG;

Then, you can get the managed sections by accessing,

$myblogSections = $_MY_CONFIG->get('managedSections');

The result should be in a string such as , '1,2,3' where the numbers are the section id and you will have to look for the sql query that the CB Author's tab uses to get the list of contents.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn