Please help with Captcha 2.2 problem

15 years 9 months ago #67604 by zakx
Hi,

Despite the requisites being met, no matter what settings I choose, the Captcha image doesn't show - it just says "Image with security code embedded in it".

I've attached a screen grab so you can see what's happening [edited out to save bandwidth].

Incidentally, the image URL is www.sports-recovery.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php?urlmode=image&captchasid=no76Oj4zUPGvYnSYNmgfk0sQ6swdSegD

Please let me know if there's some setting that needs changing. By the way, the server is running PHP 5.2.5

Thanks,
Zak

Post edited by: zakx, at: 2008/07/08 00:35
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67623 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Please help with Captcha 2.2 problem
That page gives a:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sports-recovery.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Could you please check the server error log for the logged error ?

Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67692 by zakx
Replied by zakx on topic Re:Please help with Captcha 2.2 problem
Hi,

There were no errors in the log, but after contacting webhostingpad support, they got back to me within 5 minutes saying they had fixed it. I can't speak more highly of them.

I don't know what they did - whether it was something to do with their PHP setup or something else - but it's now fixed.

Sorry for the false alarm! I feel like such a rookie.

-Zak

Post edited by: zakx, at: 2008/07/08 00:33

15 years 9 months ago #67715 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Please help with Captcha 2.2 problem
zakx wrote:

Hi,

There were no errors in the log, but after contacting webhostingpad support, they got back to me within 5 minutes saying they had fixed it. I can't speak more highly of them.

I don't know what they did - whether it was something to do with their PHP setup or something else - but it's now fixed.

Sorry for the false alarm! I feel like such a rookie.

-Zak

Post edited by: zakx, at: 2008/07/08 00:33

Glad you fixed it, but some error must have triggered the hoster..

15 years 9 months ago #67791 by zakx
Replied by zakx on topic Re:Please help with Captcha 2.2 problem
After one support guy told me it was fixed, I asked what they did to fix it, and another support guy said the directory permissions should have been 755.

I hadn't changed permissions on any of the files or directories, and had installed the captcha plugin through the CB 1.2RC plugin interface.

I checked the directory permissions and they're all 755 throughout the Joomla tree.

My guess is either one of their support people fixed the problem, didn't note what had been done, then another support person gave a canned response, or there was something wrong with their setup and they didn't want to admit it.

It all seems very odd, but I'm not arguing as it's now working. I would have liked a better explanation so I could share it with the community.

-Zak

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn