Inserting Profile link into Article content

15 years 9 months ago #67624 by rowby
I am looking for a technique or tip or a plug-in to insert a link to a User' Profile into an article.

Went through the Joomla.org extensions section and found only one plug-in that can do that: "CB Profile".

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1445/Itemid,35/

However it does not appear to work in Joomla 1.5 and the latest Community Builder (yes, I activated the plug-in) Legacy mode.

I left a message on the developer's forum, but am also asking here.

The way the CB Profile plug-in works is via the following simple parameters: {cb_profile}username{/cb_profile} You can see how easy that is to add.

Does anyone know of another plug-in or other solution? Perhaps the current version of CB has this functionality built-in??

Looking forward to a hopefully positive response! :lol:

Thanks

Rowby
www.rowby.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67641 by beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67656 by rowby
That's a great plug-in and I've installed it in my site.

Still looking for a working version (for RC2) of this plugin called cb_profile:

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1445/Itemid,35/%3Cbr%20/%3E

It lets you insert any profile (not just the author) into any article using the following format:

{cb_profile}username{/cb_profile}

Thanks

Rowby

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn