Simple changes - can anyone help ?

15 years 9 months ago #67740 by tazmund2
Simple changes - can anyone help ? was created by tazmund2
P.s Sorry this is a duplicate posting as I accidently posted in the RC1 forum, if you could remove that thread that would be great.

Hi guys,

Despite reading the documentation and searching through dozens of posts I just cannot get my head around how to do the following:

1. Create a new tab on a users profile that just displays a welcome message which I can define along with instructions of how to use my website.

2. Add buttons to the top menu on the profile page (where Edit/About) buttons are.

Can anyone please help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67746 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Simple changes - can anyone help ?
tazmund2 wrote:

P.s Sorry this is a duplicate posting as I accidently posted in the RC1 forum, if you could remove that thread that would be great.

Hi guys,

Despite reading the documentation and searching through dozens of posts I just cannot get my head around how to do the following:

1. Create a new tab on a users profile that just displays a welcome message which I can define along with instructions of how to use my website.

I would not do this the way you described. No need to have a tab that everyone viewing the profile sees just to welcome a user to the site and give instructions.

Take a look at the autowelcome plugin. It sends each newly approved member a nice personalized welcome message (via PMS and/or email). You can also place a URL to a website instruction page if you want.

2. Add buttons to the top menu on the profile page (where Edit/About) buttons are.

Can anyone please help?

What button do you want to add?

15 years 9 months ago #67749 by tazmund2
Replied by tazmund2 on topic Re:Simple changes - can anyone help ?
Nant, thank you for your reply.

I did have a look at the welcome plugins however I am building a site for users with disabilities so the less steps needed the better.

Are you saying it's not possible to add a tab with instructions?:blink:

I wanted to add a variety of buttons up the top to article pages on my site, for example: rules.

So it acts as another navigation bar almost.

Thanks

15 years 9 months ago #67851 by tazmund2
Replied by tazmund2 on topic Re:Simple changes - can anyone help ?
bump :unsure:

15 years 9 months ago #67855 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Simple changes - can anyone help ?
tazmund2 wrote:

bump :unsure:

Please don't bump.

Of course you can add a tab.

And you can also add a delimiter field to it with any value/text you want.

Try it.

The CB menu is not meant for this. You should use the Joomla menu concept to add links to specific articles (rules, etc).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn