Login problem with 1.5.4

15 years 8 months ago #67781 by fmgoodwin
Login problem with 1.5.4 was created by fmgoodwin
(T. Scheisskopf, the World News Trust webmaster kinda guy here, posting on Tad's account, because that one has the subscription.)

I just setup CB on a brand spanking new 1.5.4 site we want to ultimately migrate to. Problem is, we cannot login from the front with the cblogin module. Here is the error:

/component/comprofiler/login was not found on this server.'

I have checked the databases. Any suggestions, Gentlemen? Is this a problem with the new 1.5.4?

Post edited by: fmgoodwin, at: 2008/07/08 22:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #67785 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Login problem with 1.5.4
fmgoodwin wrote:

(T. Scheisskopf, the World News Trust webmaster kinda guy here, posting on Tad's account, because that one has the subscription.)

I just setup CB on a brand spanking new 1.5.4 site we want to ultimately migrate to. Problem is, we cannot login from the front with the cblogin module. Here is the error:

/component/comprofiler/login was not found on this server.'

I have checked the databases. Any suggestions, Gentlemen? Is this a problem with the new 1.5.4?

Post edited by: fmgoodwin, at: 2008/07/08 22:20

I see no problem on my test site upgraded to 1.5.4.

15 years 8 months ago #67820 by andio
Replied by andio on topic Re:Login problem with 1.5.4
Same problem here .... When I login, I get taken back to the frontpage (and i'm not logged in) ... My website is a 1.5.3 upgraded to 1.5.4 ... Its in development but HAS been fully functional ...

I'm running 1.2 RC 2

15 years 8 months ago #67821 by andio
Replied by andio on topic Re:Login problem with 1.5.4 TEMP FIX
Just tried this and it worked fine ... and hopefully good enough to get some people out of trouble until a proper solution can be found ...

Joomla 1.5.4, I created a new login module using extensions / module manager / new ... and selecting the standard joomla login module ....

I published this login and I can now log in and out without an issue ....

My version of the CB login module which 'seems' to be causing the problems is 1.2 RC 2

15 years 8 months ago #67822 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Login problem with 1.5.4
andio wrote:

Same problem here .... When I login, I get taken back to the frontpage (and i'm not logged in) ... My website is a 1.5.3 upgraded to 1.5.4 ... Its in development but HAS been fully functional ...

I'm running 1.2 RC 2

what is the exact problem you are seeing?

the exact message and the exact url?

15 years 8 months ago #67824 by andio
Replied by andio on topic Re:Login problem with 1.5.4
1) Input username / pass into Cb login box & press login
2) Redirects to http://www.***.com/component/comprofiler/login.html
3) Site stays at same url and shows the frontpage as before - no error message

If I logged in using joomla login box

1) Site is logged in (the cb module which I also have publish now shows the avatar etc as it should
2) press log out on CB module ... Website got to http://www.****.com/component/comprofiler/logout.html but shows the frontpage ... User stays logged in- no error message

Log out does work with the standard logout button tho ...

I was running Artio joomsef ... But I turned it off to see if that was causing the issue, and its still off.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn