Changing Profile Layout

15 years 9 months ago #67836 by Ravenor
Replied by Ravenor on topic Re:Changing Profile Layout
You want to rebuild CB layout and there is a solution for it in this forum, it is for cb 1.1, but also works with cb 1.2

Regards

Ravenor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67837 by valafar
Replied by valafar on topic Re:Changing Profile Layout
I understand this but I ask for more... I think the hacks brake the software stability. So if possible add joomla 1.5 templating system with a plugin is a good compromise for interoperation between the different CMS. So I can use the new joomla 1.5 feature and don't brake the compatibility with the other CMS. Further, If they add the template hack with a plugin we can personalize the CB layout and don' brake the CB stability. This in my opinion.

15 years 9 months ago #67868 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Changing Profile Layout
Sorry wasn't trying to spam, I'm not selling anything! I should have said there is info on my site about how to do that with a code hack.

And yes its the same hack which ordinated from chuck on this forum.

I'm working on recreating my cb layout without the hack using just css and the knew grid system in cb1.2.

That is also a good idea to create some kind of plugin to do that same thing but if I did that I wouldn't be giving it away scot free thats for sure.

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

15 years 9 months ago #68180 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Changing Profile Layout
Are you guys using the hack with CB1.2rc2 and Joomla 1.5.3 ?

Iv run into a problem when I tried to do this its showing Direct Access to this location is not allowed when i try ti view a user profile.

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

15 years 9 months ago #68219 by Camee
Replied by Camee on topic Re:Changing Profile Layout
Just a funny idea, but why don't you change the template you use for your profile? There are 5 templates included. If you don't like them, make your own :-)

15 years 9 months ago #68358 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Changing Profile Layout
Why not just change profile.php and/or CB's CSS to your liking?

:huh:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn